Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected CapOne CLI!

tag
RTOrockstar
Frequent Contributor

Unexpected CapOne CLI!

I just got an email from Capital One that they were giving my secured card a $100 increase. Granted, it's only a hundred bucks but I didn't expect it so it was a pleasant surprise. Makes me feel like I'm getting somewhere in my credit rebuilding.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
namvet
Established Contributor

Re: Unexpected CapOne CLI!

@RTOrockstar wrote:

I just got an email from Capital One that they were giving my secured card a $100 increase. Granted, it's only a hundred bucks but I didn't expect it so it was a pleasant surprise. Makes me feel like I'm getting somewhere in my credit rebuilding.

RTO you may be the first to receive a CLI from Cap One on a secured card.  Was that increase due to you adding more money to your secure deposit or did it just come out of thin air?
s

Message 2 of 14
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@RTOrockstar wrote:

How old is the Cap one account that you have? Mine is two years ola and nothing!!!
Message 3 of 14
RTOrockstar
Frequent Contributor

Completely out of the blue.

I opened the card last Oct. with the starting $200 limit, then in Feb. I deposited another $100 to up my limit to $300 and then today they upped my limit another $100.

If I'm the first to get an unsecured increase on a secured card, I'm ok with that. Pretty sure some others on here have had similar increases, tho.

Message 4 of 14
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

So have they unsecured the card? Seems like they should have if they gave you a CLI

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 5 of 14
RTOrockstar
Frequent Contributor

@aussiesareforever wrote:

So have they unsecured the card? Seems like they should have if they gave you a CLI

No, it's still secured. Pretty sure CapOne cards don't ever unsecure themselves.

Message 6 of 14
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

It should not have been unexpected.   Getting an unsecured CLI on secured card is a feature of Capital One.     It usually happens after 6 months.   Some get it, some don't.   I got $300 after 6 months, I had a $2200 deposit by then.

The cards don't unsecure, they expect you to apply for another card.   I did after 14 months and got cash rewards card $3000 limit, with credit steps, so it went to $3500 after 6 months.

I still recommend them for rebuilding.

Message 7 of 14
xlr8d
Frequent Contributor

Cap1 gave me a auto 100 CLI at 6 mos, it was expected though.

Cap1 secured cards have one auto CLI and nothing else. No chance of graduation, closed mine before the AF hit

Starting Score: EQ 515 TU 490 EXfaco 510
Current Score: EQ 660 TU 665 EXplus 661
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 14
RTOrockstar
Frequent Contributor

Well, I didn't expect it. And judging by some of the other responses, a lot of ppl don't expect it.

I might not ever get another increase on this card, but today I did and it feels pretty good. This little victory will get me thru the day and move me forward in my journey.

Message 9 of 14
xlr8d
Frequent Contributor

Sorry if it seems like some people are downplaying this. Congrats!

Just wanting you to know that cap1 will usually do a $100 CLI on secured cards at 6 mos.

Once again congrats and keep on keepin on that credit journey

Starting Score: EQ 515 TU 490 EXfaco 510
Current Score: EQ 660 TU 665 EXplus 661
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.