cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected Ritz Carlton card surprise.

tag
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Unexpected Ritz Carlton card surprise.

@Anonymous wrote:

Has anyone gotten their 140K points yet?  I easily covered the spend in the first 10 days of the card and have had (1) billing cycle.

I called to confirm my bonus, and was told that because I hit the 3k+ mark in the day before my statement, it would come next statement. (even though my statement total was over $3000)

Message 71 of 142
Anonymous
Not applicable

@PIF, You're welcome!
Message 72 of 142
scorewatcher7
Valued Member

I got mine- same thing, plastic.  However, I travel quite a bit for biz and i called on Friday last week to expedite (overnight) because I wanted the card before my current trip. I got it last night and it was a let down. I called CS immediately and very nicely stated my claim about the metal cards. The CSR apologized and said that since I expedited my card, they could only cut plastic at that moment, and that my metal cards had just been cut and sent out via snail. I'll let you know when they arrive. 

Message 73 of 142
CaSHMeRe
New Contributor

I got my plastic last week.  Called same day to complain about not getting a metal card.  Said they weren't sure if I ever was going to get a metal card.

Called again today to complain, again, said because of the backlog on metal cards, still not sure I will ever get a metal card.

Perhaps I should call in and request a metal card replacement, seeing as those requesting metal card replacements are getting them?

Message 74 of 142
scorewatcher7
Valued Member

@CaSHMeRe wrote:

I got my plastic last week.  Called same day to complain about not getting a metal card.  Said they weren't sure if I ever was going to get a metal card.

Called again today to complain, again, said because of the backlog on metal cards, still not sure I will ever get a metal card.

Perhaps I should call in and request a metal card replacement, seeing as those requesting metal card replacements are getting them?

Hey, maybe you should. I actually can't guarantee I'm gonna get one. I called this morning to verify the metal card went out and the CSR said that no metal is available. I told her I spoke with a CSR late last night that requested a metal one and told me it was arleady sent out. To which she replied "I see the request was made last night, but as of right now, I have no knowledge of the metal being available." Maybe, just maybe, that's what they have to say. and the CSR that I got last night was able to get me the metal one via backdoor without knowing it. 

Message 75 of 142
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol and to think I ordered a plastic one just for fun.
Message 76 of 142
darkfrosty
Established Contributor

that sucks that people might not get the metal version .. i would be pissed
CSR | Ink Business Preferred | Amex Platinum | NFCU Cash Rewards
Message 77 of 142
Anonymous
Not applicable

Honestly I think if they are indeed waiting on metal cards, when they arrive they'll send them out. I've only called once and the CSR said they were out and they'd mail them when avail. I'm not holding my breath or going to call back regarding it. I'm more so worried about spending the 140k point I'll have once I pay for my ritz stay in a couple of days Smiley Happy
Message 78 of 142
scorewatcher7
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:
Honestly I think if they are indeed waiting on metal cards, when they arrive they'll send them out. I've only called once and the CSR said they were out and they'd mail them when avail. I'm not holding my breath or going to call back regarding it. I'm more so worried about spending the 140k point I'll have once I pay for my ritz stay in a couple of days Smiley Happy

true. the 140k is more important. but a key selling point of that card was the metal- and everyone knows it- including JPMorgan who modeled the card specifically to challenge Amex Centurion with a broader consumer base. I think we all believe its a bit odd that a multi billion dollar company can't get the logistics together to get some crappy metal stamped, and that CSR don't have any clue as to when they'll be coming out. 

Message 79 of 142
aav
Established Contributor

I received my plastic card today and it is utterly underwhelming lol. I am tempted to close the account but I just got an unexpected bill for $2000 so I will probably pay the bill with the card so I can be closer to earning the bigbpoints.... Plus my credit scores did not drop at all after the 2 inquiries from Eq and Ex. Ugh I hope they send the metal soon. That was a bigger selling point than the points lol

EQ - 834 TU - 823 EX - 822
Amex NPSL Amex BCP - 25,000, Amex EDC - 12000, Diner's Club Premier -35,000, Ritz Carlton - 22,500 Discover 25,100, Chase Reserve -31,000 Total Rewards 13200, Barclay 10000 Citi Diamond P 8,900
Message 80 of 142
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.