Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected Wells Fargo Secured Card Graduation

tag
brikays
Regular Contributor

Re: Unexpected Wells Fargo Secured Card Graduation

Congratulations. I can't wait for mine to graduate.....

~ Hover over cards to view limits ~

Message 11 of 46
flashevo
Regular Contributor

I hope it does for you soon.  I was completely shocked and was thinking it wouldnt happen until Oct at the earliest.  When I called a week ago to add some additional money to the card,I asked about it.  I was told I wasn't eligible yet so was like ok.  My other banking relationship must have had something to do with it.

NFCU Flagship Sig (24.5k); NFCU CashRewards (24.5k); NFCU NavCheck (15k); Chase Sapphire Preferred (15k) ;Chase Marriott Rewards (14k);US Bank Flex Perks (9k); Barclays Rewards (8k); Chase Freedom (14k); BOA Travel Rewards Sig (20k); BOA Privileges with Cash Rewards Sig (9k); Discover IT (6.5k); Walmart Discover (3k); Wells Fargo Platinum (9.5k); Wells Fargo LOC (10k); Bloomingdales Amex (5k); Macy's Amex (5k); Paypal Extras Mastercard (6k); Bananna Republic Visa (5.5k); Lowes (6k); Sams Club Discover (5k)....In the garden since 8/15/13

Message 12 of 46
brikays
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous_pimp_pickle wrote:

I hope it does for you soon.  I was completely shocked and was thinking it wouldnt happen until Oct at the earliest.  When I called a week ago to add some additional money to the card,I asked about it.  I was told I wasn't eligible yet so was like ok.  My other banking relationship must have had something to do with it.

You sure deserve it especially with a 9.5K deposit on your secured WF cc. I've been thinking about increasing mine. Do they SP when you ask to increase the deposit?

Message 13 of 46
til
Established Member

There must be something in the air at WF then, because I was thinking it would be October before I could graduate too.  I opened my secured Visa with them in June 2012, and when I got home last night I also had the "Congratulations - you're upgrading" letter in my mailbox too.  Happy surprise!

EQ 759 | EX FAKO 784
Message 14 of 46
brikays
Regular Contributor

@til wrote:

There must be something in the air at WF then, because I was thinking it would be October before I could graduate too.  I opened my secured Visa with them in June 2012, and when I got home last night I also had the "Congratulations - you're upgrading" letter in my mailbox too.  Happy surprise!

Ok, after seeing til's comment, l rushed to check my mailbox since I never checked my mail yesterday. Just got my "Congratulations - you're upgrading" letter as well. 

Message 15 of 46
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

It's raining unsecured mail at WF!!

Congratulations to all of you!!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 46
flashevo
Regular Contributor

@brikays wrote:

@Anonymous_pimp_pickle wrote:

You sure deserve it especially with a 9.5K deposit on your secured WF cc. I've been thinking about increasing mine. Do they SP when you ask to increase the deposit?

i dont believe they did.  i did the deposits in hopes that the higher limit would help with getting higher limits on new cards.  hopefully it helped.  i hope they give me a limit of at least 6k on the new card.  also, for all of those with the secured card did anyone have the cash rewards added too it?  i had it added back in march but i nevef see anyone talk about it.

NFCU Flagship Sig (24.5k); NFCU CashRewards (24.5k); NFCU NavCheck (15k); Chase Sapphire Preferred (15k) ;Chase Marriott Rewards (14k);US Bank Flex Perks (9k); Barclays Rewards (8k); Chase Freedom (14k); BOA Travel Rewards Sig (20k); BOA Privileges with Cash Rewards Sig (9k); Discover IT (6.5k); Walmart Discover (3k); Wells Fargo Platinum (9.5k); Wells Fargo LOC (10k); Bloomingdales Amex (5k); Macy's Amex (5k); Paypal Extras Mastercard (6k); Bananna Republic Visa (5.5k); Lowes (6k); Sams Club Discover (5k)....In the garden since 8/15/13

Message 17 of 46
brikays
Regular Contributor

They added the cash rewards on my secured cc around march as well. I remember calling the backdoor # to ask about the annual fee and if my card was going to graduate in April. The CSR was able to add the rewards before he transferred me to a credit analyst.

Message 18 of 46
til
Established Member

Re: Unexpected F Secured Card Graduation UPDATED: 7/9/2013

Don't know if flashevo or brikays received their cards yet, but I hadn't, and decided to give Wells Fargo a call.

Justin there told me that my actual graduation date was June 30th, though I'd received the letter back in the middle of May.  I reviewed the letter again, and there was no indication of that date anywhere.  The closest thing to a date was a maybe-insinuation via a mention that if you prefer to decline the offer and keep the secured card, call by 6/29/13.

Just thought it was worth a mention in case anyone was concerned that their letter/new card was misdelivered, it could just be poor communication on WF's part.  Smiley Happy

EQ 759 | EX FAKO 784
Message 19 of 46
flashevo
Regular Contributor

i havent heard or received anything.  did they say when they will refund the deposit? Smiley Happy lol

Message 20 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.