Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected returned payment

tag
minski
Established Contributor

Unexpected returned payment

I have my Fidelity visa on auto pay to pull from my Alliant checking. It has been working fine since I set it up last year. This October, I noticed that it never pulled from my account so I manually made a payment to pull from my Alliant checking at the start of November. Last week I saw a returned payment fee and then the day after the payment I had made debited. 

I am at a loss at what could have happened. I have more than enough cash in my checking to cover the balance so it wasn't because of insufficient funds. 

I resubmitted a payment through my PenFed savings account (another pull) BUT the funds I placed in there for the payment is STILL in the PenFed savings account while already cleared on Fidelity's end (which was the same thing that had happened with the manual payment I'd made at the start of November). I am nervous about an issue with payment again. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Unexpected returned payment

Just call and ask what's going on. It's probably something really simple. I know for NFCU, there is a restriction on how many onlie withdrawals can be made from a savings account each month. I'm not saying that's it, but it could be something that simple. I think you should definitely call. The last thing you want is for your credit card to not get paid and the delinquency reported to the credit bureaus.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.