cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unfortunate story of AMEX Blue Cash card closing.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Unfortunate story of AMEX Blue Cash card closing.

@NRB525 wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:
Yes. But not Amex. My mother has a 46 yeAr old Sears card. From 1968. She has not used it in maybe 15 years. But it's still there opened.

Mine is from 1984, should have noted closed in 1998, but still is on TU, the only CR with it:

Actually my Amex is still on Equifax. I wonder how long until it disappears.

Message 21 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:
Yes. But not Amex. My mother has a 46 yeAr old Sears card. From 1968. She has not used it in maybe 15 years. But it's still there opened.

Mine is from 1984, should have noted closed in 1998, but still is on TU, the only CR with it:

Actually my Amex is still on Equifax. I wonder how long until it disappears.

Ten years, +/-.

Message 22 of 24
TitaniumCash
Regular Contributor

During those years of inactivity, did you regularly check up on statements? I'd be nervous about having a card open and not paying attention to it; there are potentials complications and risks. :/

Message 23 of 24
cem13
Established Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

I have a store card that I opened in 1993.  It was a $200 CL.  I closed it when I re-fi'd my house in 1995.  It was a local store that got bought out and they never reported it closed.  The store is no longer in business so I get the benefit of a 20 year old card that has not reported in 15.  It sure helps my AAOA though.

FICO 08 JUL23: TU 850; EQ 846; EX 843. Clean since BK7 D/C 6/2011.
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.