Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Union Bank Black AMEX

tag
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: Union Bank Black AMEX

Yes. Alliant CU HP for opening membership and they offered me pre-approval for Visa and auto loan during opening the membership.  One HP got me a checking and Visa credit card for $10K. That's was a good deal. I called them to open LOC on the following day and it was another HP. They pulled Chex and EQ to open the membership. I heard they don't offer any pre-approval any more. 

Ron.

Message 21 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ron1 wrote:

Yes. Alliant CU HP for opening membership and they offered me pre-approval for Visa and auto loan during opening the membership.  One HP got me a checking and Visa credit card for $10K. That's was a good deal. I called them to open LOC on the following day and it was another HP. They pulled Chex and EQ to open the membership. I heard they don't offer any pre-approval any more. 

Ron.

Yea that's what I have read...bummer Smiley Sad When did you join and how many inq did you have at the time if you remember?

Message 22 of 25
Ron1
Super Contributor

It was almost three years ago (May 2009) and I had 3 to four INQs on my EQ.  By the way, I heard they don't offer overdraft LOC any more. Alliant CU offers generous CL credit card and the rewards is just ok. I used it a couple of times to keep it open. They have good interest rate on their deposit account. No cash back like Firstmark CU.

Ron.

Message 23 of 25
cjoyglam

Ron- Did you say they did not give you an immediate answer? I just applied for the Graphite and the response said we will get back to you in 2-4 weeks?

Message 24 of 25
andre181
Established Contributor

FNBO is not as conservative as people here make them out to be. They are my highest limit at $19,000. They do tend to start you with lower limis than bigger banks but they grow way faster.

There was a thread here recently about FNBO Luv. Soft pull CLI's every 4 months are very nice also.

They don't give instant approvals. A human manually reviews every application, so it does take about 2+ weeks to hear back from them.

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.