Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Union bank credit card

tag
s_rob7488
Regular Contributor

Union bank credit card

Ive had a credit card through Union Bank which is a local company since I worked there in 2008. My credit limit is $1000 and I am wanting to increase that. I called the number on the back of the card and got some guy who said he could only access my general account I formation and if I wanted to discuss anything about my account that I would need to contact the bank. Is it worth it for me to have to contact the bank who I am pretty sure would do a HP for a CLI or should I close the card? Only thing holding me back for keeping it is the AAoA and the 12.99% APR.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
steve23111
Frequent Contributor

Re: Union bank credit card

Unless you have an annual fee or something else about the card makes it particularly unattractive, I'd either take a stab at getting a CLI or just leave it alone.  Sock drawer it for a while, run a small charge through it once every few months to keep it alive, and that's it.  I suggest that only because 12.99% is a pretty decent rate, and I'd hate to see you close the card because of the credit limit only to wind up with a card with a higher limit and a higher APR, only to actually need to use the card at some point in the future and get burned with the higher APR.

I have a $2500 BB&T Platinum Visa at 11.15% that I keep around just for that very reason.  Heaven forbid I need to finance something on a credit card for a few months, I certainly wouldn't want to do it on any of my other cards, which are 17 to 22% APR.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.