Did you mean: 

United-Chase TravelBank Card

tag
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

Re: United-Chase TravelBank Card

@iced wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

This is going to be the competition for the AMEX Blue that was also released.

This reminds me of CSR vs AMEX 5x, when they were released.

I don't see how this compares with the Blue. They're not even similar.

The Blue earns MR points, which are well-known and can be used for any of a number of things. TravelBank cash can't be used for anything except tickets booked via united.com.

Hey Iced!  He's not talking about the Amex Blue for Business.  He's talking about the Amex Delta Blue Skymiles card that was released on the same day as the Chase United TravelBank card.  The Delta Blue earns Skymiles, not Amex Membership Rewards.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 21 of 29
iced
Valued Contributor

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

Hey Iced!  He's not talking about the Amex Blue for Business.  He's talking about the Amex Delta Blue Skymiles card that was released on the same day as the Chase United TravelBank card.  The Delta Blue earns Skymiles, not Amex Membership Rewards.

Ah, now that makes sense! The extra Delta in there made all the difference.

Message 22 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE:

I called and was able to PC from non AF United Mileage Card to United Travel Bank card.

Also, I had recently gotten my non af United Mileage card yet she was still able to PC it for me (Normally only 1 PC allowed per year; I did 2 in a matter of a week).

Hope that helps others in my same situation..
Message 23 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@iced wrote:

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

Ah, now that makes sense! The extra Delta in there made all the difference.

Ah, that Delta word missing Smiley Tongue

Message 24 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info. I am also thinking to downgrade my Explorer card to a non-AF card, since the AF would be due end of next month. Meanwhile have Silver status (hopefully gold later this year) so perks like free checked bag etc. do not matter that much anymore.

Message 25 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just simply didn't use the perks like I thought I would to justify a $95 AF. With this TravelBank card, it's no AF, a Visa Signature and allows me keep my mileage and earn more towards my travels when I do travel. Can't wait to get my card!
Message 26 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Received my TravelBank card yesterday! Good looking card! Anyone else get theirs?
Message 27 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Received my TravelBank card yesterday! Good looking card! Anyone else get theirs?

That's great that it only took a week to receive your PC'd card in the mail.  Wish BofA was that fast

Message 28 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That's great that it only took a week to receive your PC'd card in the mail.  Wish BofA was that fast

Yep! About 5 business days! Not too bad IMO. 

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.