cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

United Club card odds vs other chase?

tag
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

Re: United Club card odds vs other chase?

The UA Club isn't that difficult to get (in the grand scheme of things), and I'd suspect 725-740, a decent income, and no major/recent derogs will get you approved. It's previous incarnation (CO PP) was much harder to obtain, requiring scores of ~775. When they released the UA Club card they made it more accessible to the public and thus, ended up watering down the benefits in the process.

As for how much the card is worth, as others have said it's highly subjective based on your needs. Perks and benefits aside, one thing that differentiates the Club card from all others is its high earning rate (1.5 miles per dollar vs 1 on most others).

Assuming you value UA miles and can use them properly, the card becomes even more rewarding to high spenders. For someone who spends only 10k annually, the difference between 10k and 15k miles isn't that much compared to the AF. However if you run 6 digits through the card, then that extra 0.5 miles per dollar really starts to add up.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 11 of 12
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

Re: United Club card odds vs other chase?

@CreditScholar wrote:

The UA Club isn't that difficult to get (in the grand scheme of things), and I'd suspect 725-740, a decent income, and no major/recent derogs will get you approved. It's previous incarnation (CO PP) was much harder to obtain, requiring scores of ~775. When they released the UA Club card they made it more accessible to the public and thus, ended up watering down the benefits in the process.

As for how much the card is worth, as others have said it's highly subjective based on your needs. Perks and benefits aside, one thing that differentiates the Club card from all others is its high earning rate (1.5 miles per dollar vs 1 on most others).

Assuming you value UA miles and can use them properly, the card becomes even more rewarding to high spenders. For someone who spends only 10k annually, the difference between 10k and 15k miles isn't that much compared to the AF. However if you run 6 digits through the card, then that extra 0.5 miles per dollar really starts to add up.

Some of the other sites that list what people got approved for, who pulled what, and what scores list approvals for the Club card as low as mid 660s. I think that Chase has been approving many of their co-branded cards at lower limits if other factors work in their favor (banking relationship, good income, etc). As such, I don't even think a score of 700 would be necessary. Perhaps a recon would be needed, but perhaps not. That's a pure guess on my part though.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.