Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

United Mileage Plus 50k miles $2k spend offer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

United Mileage Plus 50k miles $2k spend offer

I recently received this United targeted offer and am very interested in applying but I'm over 5/24. Are there many DPs for approval with the targeted mailer? I don't want to risk another HP just for a denial.

I'm currently gardening and I'm not sure if this is worth it to me at this time to leave the garden since all my upcoming travel for the year (8 or 9 flights + accommodations) have already been booked (though minimum spend is not an issue). Also looking to acquire a new mortgage mid first quarter next year. Is it a fairly common offer? Should I pass?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: United Mileage Plus 50k miles $2k spend offer

@Anonymous wrote:

I recently received this United targeted offer and am very interested in applying but I'm over 5/24. Are there many DPs for approval with the targeted mailer? I don't want to risk another HP just for a denial.

I'm currently gardening and I'm not sure if this is worth it to me at this time to leave the garden since all my upcoming travel for the year (8 or 9 flights + accommodations) have already been booked (though minimum spend is not an issue). Also looking to acquire a new mortgage mid first quarter next year. Is it a fairly common offer? Should I pass?

If you're over 5/24, you'll be denied regardless of the offer which is mostly marketing and not any kind of preapproval.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got that offer too (a couple of months ago). Applied and approved in August. I love this card. Much better deal then the 30k miles on the Chase website. I'd hold off another month or two before app'ing if I were you though. When will you be below 5/24?
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ya I figured as much about 5/24. I'm still over a year out from being under 5/24 so I'll tear this thing up and get back to my garden now. Thanks for the input.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good idea. I'm sure you'll get that offer again. In fact, I've heard of a 75K miles offer so you might just get that as well! I couldn't wait for that so I took the 50K.
Message 5 of 7
iced
Valued Contributor

For those who don't have it already and are patient enough to wait, there is/was also a 70k targeted offer going around. Don't know the method of who they target, but if you hold out long enough you might get it offered as well. They offered it to my wife about 4 months ago and she jumped on it.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@iced wrote:

For those who don't have it already and are patient enough to wait, there is/was also a 70k targeted offer going around. Don't know the method of who they target, but if you hold out long enough you might get it offered as well. They offered it to my wife about 4 months ago and she jumped on it.

I held off as much as I can and never got that offer. Jumped on the 50K when I got it! 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.