Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

United Mileage Plus Select to Club?

tag
minimock
Frequent Contributor

United Mileage Plus Select to Club?

Anyone ever PC from select to club before?

Was going to try later this month.

Thanks

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

Re: United Mileage Plus Select to Club?

It's possible but the underwriting requirements are significantly higher with the club card. It used to be even higher than that when they had the WEMC version only, but they've watered it down a bit since changing to visa signatures.
EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 2 of 10
mxp114
Valued Contributor

The underwriting for both cards is the same. Min $5k limit, if you qualify for Select you are also eligible for Club. United to United are eligible product changes. Do you know if you have to wait 12 months to do it? I want Club but also want the bonus miles from Select.

Message 3 of 10
minimock
Frequent Contributor

About 6 months ago I called about switching to Explorer.

She said you have to have 12 months with select before changing. I was already over 12 months, but didnt do it as she said you would loose the 5K miles.

I dunno about Club, thats why I was asking.....(Lazy Me LOL)

Guess Ill call and find out at the end of the month.... UTIL bacK to 2%

Will post back then, see how it went. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 10
Voodard
Contributor

I have had my United MP Explorer card since July 15th and had a similar situation as you.  I wrote Chase via SM asking to PC to the Club card last month, the CSR said I was welcome to apply for the Club Card now and keep the Explorer card open or I had to wait 12 months from the date of opening the Explorer card.  I told her I would just wait.  I know some time ago another MyFico member and I had a United Card thread going and it seemed the average score was about 705-710 for the Explorer card and about 740-750 for the United Club card.  Because you're already a United MP card holder I don't think score will be that big of an issue, especially because you're moving the card ranks with a higher annual fee.

TU 743 as of 5/12
EQ 715 as of 10/13
EX Plus 780 as of 7/12

Cards in wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred ($25k) Chase Freedom (8k) NFCU Platinum ($24k) HHonors Reserve ($11k)
United MileagePlus Club ($17k)
Message 5 of 10
minimock
Frequent Contributor

Thanks....

Ill give it a try at the end of the month...... after the 10K is paid off LOL, no need in tempting the Gods Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 10
n777ua
Established Contributor

I just PC'd from Explorer to Club this month, 12 months after explorer was opened.  Took about 2 minutes, there are no different underwriting requirements.

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 7 of 10
minimock
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Alot !

Were you still able to use your old card till the new arrived?

I only ask because I am still stuck overseas, takes along time to get a new card.

Message 8 of 10
n777ua
Established Contributor

I rarely use the UA card, but I believe the CID was the same - certainly the account # was the same.  I just PC'd from Plat to Green on Amex and I'm still using the Plat plastic even though the green is sitting in the kitchen, just haven't activated it yet.  I highly doubt Chase would restrict privelages while you wait for a new card.  

Chase 2-dayed the card in a very nice welcome kit.  Just a note, your club membership has to be processed by United, and since they're pretty much in dissaray right now if you want to use the club right away it might take some time with an agent to actually confirm you are eligible to enter at the door.  Your club access card (not your new credit card) will arrive about 4 weeks after the PC, assuming UA doesn't screw it up.

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 9 of 10
minimock
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the info.....

Did you think about asking for a CLI when you PC'd ?

In for a penny in for a pound? Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.