Reply
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 499
Registered: ‎02-08-2013
0

United MileagePlus Awards Card

There seems to be little out there known about the MP Awards Card: https://www.chase.com/online/Credit-Cards/united_awards-benefits-rewards.htm

The general consensus is that it's only an upgrade/downgrade card for Chase United Card members.

Anyone know anything else about this card? What's the AF? I know I can't apply for it, but as of now, is one able to downgrade from MP Explorer to Awards? How about downgrade MP Club Card to Awards? TIA

     
Super Contributor
Posts: 6,669
Registered: ‎05-23-2009
0

Re: United MileagePlus Awards Card


SuperKirby wrote:

There seems to be little out there known about the MP Awards Card: https://www.chase.com/online/Credit-Cards/united_awards-benefits-rewards.htm

The general consensus is that it's only an upgrade/downgrade card for Chase United Card members.

Anyone know anything else about this card? What's the AF? I know I can't apply for it, but as of now, is one able to downgrade from MP Explorer to Awards? How about downgrade MP Club Card to Awards? TIA


I just called them to ask about Chase United MileagePlus Awards Plus. It is the older card and it is not available to apply for the card.  The difference between Mileage Plus Explorer  and Awards Plus card are 2 miles per $1 for the Explorer;  1miles for $1spent and no fee baggage check and 2 complimentary airport club access.

 

 

Ron.

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 499
Registered: ‎02-08-2013
0

Re: United MileagePlus Awards Card


Ron1 wrote:

I just called them to ask about Chase United MileagePlus Awards Plus. It is the older card and it is not available to apply for the card.  The difference between Mileage Plus Explorer  and Awards Plus card are 2 miles per $1 for the Explorer;  1miles for $1spent and no fee baggage check and 2 complimentary airport club access.

Ron.


 

Thanks Ron. Do you know the Annual Fee for the MileagePlus Awards Card? Can I downgrade from the Explorer card to the Awards card?

     
Super Contributor
Posts: 6,669
Registered: ‎05-23-2009
0

Re: United MileagePlus Awards Card


SuperKirby wrote:

Ron1 wrote:

I just called them to ask about Chase United MileagePlus Awards Plus. It is the older card and it is not available to apply for the card.  The difference between Mileage Plus Explorer  and Awards Plus card are 2 miles per $1 for the Explorer;  1miles for $1spent and no fee baggage check and 2 complimentary airport club access.

Ron.


 

Thanks Ron. Do you know the Annual Fee for the MileagePlus Awards Card? Can I downgrade from the Explorer card to the Awards card?


I didn't ask them about AF. Why do you want to downgrade the card? 

 

 

Ron.

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 499
Registered: ‎02-08-2013
0

Re: United MileagePlus Awards Card


Ron1 wrote:

I didn't ask them about AF. Why do you want to downgrade the card? 

Ron.


Oh ok. 

 

Once I hit Premier Elite status SIlver, there is absolutely no reason for me to keep the Explorer card as Silver gets you much better benefits then the card. Only two things the Explorer gets you that Silver can't: Primary Car rental coverage in which I never rent cars, and 10K bonus miles when you spend 25K in which I split my spending with too many other cards to meet 25K a year. Oh it also gives you 2 lounge passes but I personally don't think that is worth $95 a year.

     
Super Contributor
Posts: 6,669
Registered: ‎05-23-2009
0

Re: United MileagePlus Awards Card

I got the card because of free baggage check in. The baggage fee will pay $95 AF. You might want to change these card into other type of cards.

 

 

Ron.

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 499
Registered: ‎02-08-2013
0

Re: United MileagePlus Awards Card

[ Edited ]

Ron1 wrote:

I got the card because of free baggage check in. The baggage fee will pay $95 AF. You might want to change these card into other type of cards.

 

 

Ron.


Yeah, once I get UA Silver, I'll get free baggages anyway and even better benefits (i'll even get 25% extra miles) so I dont need the Explorer. If the MileagePlus Awards Card can be free, then i'll switch to that.

 

UA Silver: https://www.united.com/web/en-US/content/mileageplus/premier/default.aspx

     
Super Contributor
Posts: 6,669
Registered: ‎05-23-2009
0

Re: United MileagePlus Awards Card


SuperKirby wrote:

Ron1 wrote:

I got the card because of free baggage check in. The baggage fee will pay $95 AF. You might want to change these card into other type of cards.

 

 

Ron.


Yeah, once I get UA Silver, I'll get free baggages anyway and even better benefits (i'll even get 25% extra miles) so I dont need the Explorer https://www.united.com/web/en-US/content/mileageplus/premier/default.aspx   If the MileagePlus Awards Card can be free, then i'll switch to that.


You can call them to ask about Mileage Plus Awards Plus Card. I don't think it has no AF. It might be $75 or less.

 

 

Ron.

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 499
Registered: ‎02-08-2013
0

Re: United MileagePlus Awards Card

[ Edited ]

Ron1 wrote:

 

 

You can call them to ask about Mileage Plus Awards Plus Card. I don't think it has no AF. It might be $75 or less.

Ron.


Thanks Ron. I'll give em a call Monday. If anyone else know the AF, feel free to chime in...

     
Super Contributor
Posts: 6,669
Registered: ‎05-23-2009
0

Re: United MileagePlus Awards Card


SuperKirby wrote:

Ron1 wrote:

 

 

You can call them to ask about Mileage Plus Awards Plus Card. I don't think it has no AF. It might be $75 or less.

Ron.


Thanks Ron. I'll give em a call Monday. If anyone else know the AF, feel free to chime in...


I just called them they're here.

 

Ron.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.