Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unitus Community CU Secured Credit Card

tag
xaiduz114
Regular Contributor

Unitus Community CU Secured Credit Card

Updating this as I gather more information, since there is not a lot of info on this card. Hope it helps someone!

Has anyone gotten this card by chance? I was looking into credit unions that offer secured credit cards, and came across it, and it offers a monthly EQ 04 FICO (YAY!):

"You are eligible for this service if you maintain the following accounts/services at Unitus:

• Unitus Checking Account (Right Choice or Optima); AND 
  • eStatements; AND
  • Credit Card, Vehicle Loan, Personal Loan, Home Equity Loan/Line, or Mortgage Loan"

Curious if anyone knows the following (I found some answers later on, I figured I'd update for anyone else looking at this card):

• Does it graduate? "Better yet, once you make 12 consecutive monthly payments on time, you'll gain status with an automatic conversion to our Classic Visa Card."
  • Do they offer CLIs? Not sure, need to verify this. Looks like you deposit more into your savings for an increase. Will edit if I find out the answer.
  • Min/max CL? $100-$5,000 (NOTE: You must have 1.5 times the CL secured into a savings account. $100 limit = $150 in savings.)
  • Are they a good CU to deal with? Looked on BBB website, they have an A+ rating, 0 complaints last 12 months, 2 last 2 years. Looking good.
  • Do they check Chexsystems? This is what they check to open accounts. They do not pull credit to open checking/savigns accounts.
  • Do they HP/SP when applying for membership or their cards? Membership accounts: No, they use ChexSystems. Cards: HP.
  • Does the secured card report monthly to all three bureaus? Yes, monthly to all three bureaus.
Starting Score: EQ 478 | EX N/A | TU 540 - 5/2014
Current Score: EQ 475 | EX 582 | TU 589
Goal Score: 700 by 5/2015 - My Credit Rebuilding Journey!
Collections (MED): DCS Financial (4) | Columbia Collectors (1) |
Dynamic Collectors, Inc (2) | Professional Credit Services (2) |
CMRE Financial Services (1) | Total: 10
Charge-offs: IQCU (1)
Cards I'm aiming to get:
Unitus Community CU SecuredBofA Secured
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.