Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Universal Amex questions

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Universal Amex questions

Does it ever give instant decisions or does it take a few days? do they e-mail with approval or decline? Can you BT to the card with the promo 6 month 2.9% or is it just a purchase card?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Universal Amex questions

I am not sure if they give instant decision or now. I applied for it couple of days and I got the processing message. I called them next day and they processed it and said I am approved for $1k CL. I asked if the CL can be increased. CSR said once I receive the card call them and see if they would increase the CL. I know GEMB gives CLI's every 4 months. I probably go in that direction. As per the 0% apr and other details, I am not sure. I am going to wait till I recieve the card and then ask them the questions. CSR tried to explain, I did not pay much attention.

Message 2 of 4
laz98
Senior Contributor

@Red1Blue wrote:

I am not sure if they give instant decision or now. I applied for it couple of days and I got the processing message. I called them next day and they processed it and said I am approved for $1k CL. I asked if the CL can be increased. CSR said once I receive the card call them and see if they would increase the CL. I know GEMB gives CLI's every 4 months. I probably go in that direction. As per the 0% apr and other details, I am not sure. I am going to wait till I recieve the card and then ask them the questions. CSR tried to explain, I did not pay much attention.

if you ask for them???  i've never gotten any auto-CLIs from them.

Message 3 of 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

yes you usually have to ask GEMB but it's a soft so why not ask. 4 months like clock work

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.