Did you mean: 

University Federal Credit Union

tag
pattycake
Established Contributor

Re: University Federal Credit Union

@mt2va wrote:

@pattycake wrote:
I love University Federal.  I became a member almost four years ago when I refi'd a car through them, and just recently got a CC with them at 6.9%.  They are easy to talk to and very honest.  I highly recommend UFCU to all my friends and family. 

pattycake,

Do you know if I app online for membership will I get my info online so I will have my logon id to app the CC online also or do I have to wait on them to mail stuff to me?

You can't app for a CC online - you either have to do it by phone or on paper.  They will tell you if you've been instant approved and whether a LO will have to review.  A LO reviewed mine and called me and told me nothing further was required since I was an established member.  Call them and ask away, they really are easy to deal with. 
pattycake's FICOs: 6/2/10 - TU: 708; EX: ???; EQ: 749
Message 11 of 12
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Re: University Federal Credit Union

UFCU is a nice place to deal with.  I haven't had any issues with them except for the paper apps to combine accounts or get CLIs.  They will work with you if you have something that needs to be taken care of and offer that small town feel that the big banks don't give you anymore.  They tend to have great rates and stringent credit guidelines but not too restrictive like Austin Telco. 

Austin Telco does have a great rate though for Auto @ 3.69% w/ a 730 EQ score. 

I've worked with UFCU though on my car and 2 CC's through them which I combined into 1 account earlier this year.  They used to have an online CC application at one point but have since taken it offline which is unfortunate.  Maybe it'll make a come back though down the road.

Most of the CU's here in Austin do pull EQ.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.