Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unmanned Gas Stations in Germany & Austria

tag
Pucelle
Established Member

Unmanned Gas Stations in Germany & Austria

I'm going to be traveling to Germany and Austria for a week in mid-late October and wanted to know what people's experience has been with Chip & Sign (default)/Pin (backup) cards? I had hoped to apply for a new card with true chip & pin capability before I left but I'm still trying to close for my house and most likely still will be next week so that won't be enough time. I have Citi ThankYou & Dividend Mastercards and a Chase Freedom Visa that I can be converted to chip and sign with pin as backup. While they all carry a fee, I would only use them as a backup when I can't use my no-fee mag strip cards & cash. I was trying to get a feel for how well they are going to work and maybe seeing if there's another option I can use. CapitalOne 360 and Discover don't have chip cards at all which are my only no-FTF cards that I have.

Starting Score: EQ FICO 673 (/20/13) * 656 CK/TU (9/2013) * 711 Vantage (9/2013) * 632 CS (9/2013)
Current Score:
Goal Score: 760+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Citi Dividend MC (1997) $9.33k / Citi ThankYou Preferred World MC (2003) $7.96k / DiscoverIT (4/2013) $13.5k / AMEX Blue Cash Everyday (9/2013) $1k / New York and Company (unknown) / Citibank LoC (2006) $4.9k
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.