cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsecured Credit Card That Only Checks Transunion.....Does it Exist ?

tag
Ms-Kato
Contributor

Re: Unsecured Credit Card That Only Checks Transunion.....Does it Exist ?

May I ask how's your credit report / scores and past history ? 
Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sure, I'm only 21 so my history isn't too long. My oldest account is Cap1 which is just over 3 years. My scores sit somewhere between 660-675 as of right now, and I have one baddie, which was a collection on a closed checking account that had an outstanding check that I wasn't aware of, I paid the collection in full over 2 years ago and it still reports closed, paid as agreed.

As it stands right now, I have 7 revolving accounts, with around 4000 in total lines, balances around 1000, which I am in the process of paying off, probably within the next 3-4 months considering the upcoming holiday season. I have a handful of student loans, one private, the rest from the DOE. Lastly, I have 2 installment loans from Ford Credit, opened this year, with total balances around $45000 combined.

I probably have around 15 inqs on my report from this year

Hope this helps!

Message 12 of 19
Ms-Kato
Contributor

Thanks so much Mstew Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Sure, I'm only 21 so my history isn't too long. My oldest account is Cap1 which is just over 3 years. My scores sit somewhere between 660-675 as of right now, and I have one baddie, which was a collection on a closed checking account that had an outstanding check that I wasn't aware of, I paid the collection in full over 2 years ago and it still reports closed, paid as agreed.

As it stands right now, I have 7 revolving accounts, with around 4000 in total lines, balances around 1000, which I am in the process of paying off, probably within the next 3-4 months considering the upcoming holiday season. I have a handful of student loans, one private, the rest from the DOE. Lastly, I have 2 installment loans from Ford Credit, opened this year, with total balances around $45000 combined.

I probably have around 15 inqs on my report from this year

Hope this helps!

Yea unfortunately even though you make good on a collection it's going to stay there for 7 years unless the CA agreed to send a letter to CRA requesting deletion of the collection or you can always try disputing the collection because 90% of the time they have wrong info and if they can't verify it accurately then it must be deleted. There is some info about it on this forum and there are a few other forums I know of but I don't think I can post the links here so if you want to know the URL's PM ME

Message 14 of 19
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Yea unfortunately even though you make good on a collection it's going to stay there for 7 years unless the CA agreed to send a letter to CRA requesting deletion of the collection or you can always try disputing the collection because 90% of the time they have wrong info and if they can't verify it accurately then it must be deleted. There is some info about it on this forum and there are a few other forums I know of but I don't think I can post the links here so if you want to know the URL's PM ME

What would be the basis of that dispute?

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would have no basis to dispute the collection. Even though the circumstances of it suck and all, It really was my fault for not reconciling my account completely for outstanding checks before I closed the account. I'm not a fan of having the collection on my report, but I only have 1, and it hasn't really hindered my ability to get credit, so I'm not going to worry about it...

Message 16 of 19
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Try for a Barcly card.  99.9% of the time they pull TU. 

Also take a look at pageonce.com.  Open and account there and  you will never miss another CC payment.  It is a free site and will keep track of all you cards, due dates, minimum payments, etc.  On top of credit cards and banks they have power companies, insurance companies, cell phone bills, and even your investment accounts.  Of all my accounts the only thing they don't have is my CU and a small local loan place.  They have just about everything but if you have other bills you can set them manually.    You can set up a variety of alertts and different time periods and reasons.  It's an awesome service and the price is right FREE.  They even have free apps for the iPhone, iPad, and Android.  The Android version kind of sucks but the iOS versions are just as powerful as the website itself.  I realy can't overstate my love of that sight. 

Message 17 of 19
MMAYFIELD0309
Valued Member

Awesome website man! So simple to use too! Thanks!

Starting Score: TU FAKO: 565 - EQ FICO: 598 - EX FAKO: 545
Current Score: TU FICO: 632 - EQ FICO: 646 - EX FAKO: 661
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 18 of 19
Ms-Kato
Contributor

I downloaded the pageonce app for my android....nice screen layout..Haven't tested it tho.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.