cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsecured Credit Card That Only Checks Transunion.....Does it Exist ?

Contributor

Unsecured Credit Card That Only Checks Transunion.....Does it Exist ?

I want to also try and get an unsecured CC and hoping they will

use only Transunion because that score is the highest.

I won't be using these cards other than to pay for small bills ..just trying to build credit back up.

Thanks

18 REPLIES
Established Contributor

Re: Unsecured Credit Card That Only Checks Transunion.....Does it Exist ?

Bluerain wrote:

I want to also try and get an unsecured CC and hoping they will

use only Transunion because that score is the highest.

I won't be using these cards other than to pay for small bills ..just trying to build credit back up.

Thanks

With your scores, I'd think Discover More would be a good fit. I believe they check EQ and TU...someone correct me if I'm mistaken please!

I'm Spartacus!

hr>Starting Score: EQ 546, EX 547, TU 580
Current Scores (lender): EQ 725 , EX FICO 720, TU 737 FICO scores>
Goal Score: 750
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Contributor

I have a history of late payments...not for lack of funds..I'm too lazy !...and CA's that were paid off and 3 open Collections that I'm taking care of.

Honestly..I thought my score's would be much lower than they are.

Established Contributor

Barclays is 99% TU puller. Discover usually pulls TU and EQ.

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Contributor

Hmmmm... Do they just check your score or go deeper ?

Thanks

Valued Contributor

Even automated systems  go deeper than just a score.  Score is just one part of a person't credit profile.  

EQ Fico 8 - 846
TU Fico 8 - 848
EX Fico 8 - 836
Contributor

Thanks android Smiley Happy

I have the android samsung galaxy indulge..no problems here ( NYC ) with 4g ..also have extended battery so it works like a charm Smiley Very Happy

Valued Contributor

I too always had way more in the bank than my CC charges. Back when I had credit cards, 20 years ago, I used to pay about 3 months worth of charges in advance then I'd wait until I started getting the "red envelopes" and pay the back couple of months and the next three months in advance. I figured the late fees and interest was their compensation. I was working day and night at the time and just didn't have the time to deal with it. The CC companies never complained. I guess each of them could see the pattern so they weren't freaked out. Amex, OTOH, a charge card I rarely used, just called out of the blue and canceled after I made one charge and paid it on time. Go figure. I gradually stopped using all my CCs and switched to a debit card since I didn't have to pay any monthly bills with it. Dumb move but I had no idea what credit reports even were.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
New Contributor

KIPPIE12 wrote:

Barclays is 99% TU puller. Discover usually pulls TU and EQ.

I just opened a new Barclays card, i was initially denied after the pulled TU, then when I called for a recon, they approved me and the next day I got the hard pull notification from Experian...

Wallet: American Express ZYNC, Barclaycard Financing Visa, Capital One No Hassle Cash MC

Sock Drawer: Capital One Platinum, Best Buy Reward Zone MC, GEMB Wal-Mart (Store only), WFN JCrew (Store), First Premier (Only until June when the AF hits again)
Contributor

Yes cashno credit

I been using a debit card for years but I need a mortgage now and debit card does nothing for my credit report.

What a clown I was.....just like you I let the bills go because I was too busy or just lazy..not for lack

of money and now I can't get a credit card even tho I own property and have a good job.

I want to sell my co-op and get a house while the deals are still out there.

It's all my own fault..I don't blame them but if they were to dig really deep

they would see I do have money and a good job and own my own co-op but none of that means anything I guess.