Contributor
Ms-Kato

Re: Unsecured Credit Card That Only Checks Transunion.....Does it Exist ?

May I ask how's your credit report / scores and past history ? 
New Contributor
mstew

Sure, I'm only 21 so my history isn't too long. My oldest account is Cap1 which is just over 3 years. My scores sit somewhere between 660-675 as of right now, and I have one baddie, which was a collection on a closed checking account that had an outstanding check that I wasn't aware of, I paid the collection in full over 2 years ago and it still reports closed, paid as agreed.

As it stands right now, I have 7 revolving accounts, with around 4000 in total lines, balances around 1000, which I am in the process of paying off, probably within the next 3-4 months considering the upcoming holiday season. I have a handful of student loans, one private, the rest from the DOE. Lastly, I have 2 installment loans from Ford Credit, opened this year, with total balances around $45000 combined.

I probably have around 15 inqs on my report from this year

Hope this helps!

Wallet: American Express ZYNC, Barclaycard Financing Visa, Capital One No Hassle Cash MC

Sock Drawer: Capital One Platinum, Best Buy Reward Zone MC, GEMB Wal-Mart (Store only), WFN JCrew (Store), First Premier (Only until June when the AF hits again)
Contributor
Ms-Kato

Thanks so much Mstew :smileyhappy:

Established Contributor
fusioncredit

mstew wrote:

Sure, I'm only 21 so my history isn't too long. My oldest account is Cap1 which is just over 3 years. My scores sit somewhere between 660-675 as of right now, and I have one baddie, which was a collection on a closed checking account that had an outstanding check that I wasn't aware of, I paid the collection in full over 2 years ago and it still reports closed, paid as agreed.

As it stands right now, I have 7 revolving accounts, with around 4000 in total lines, balances around 1000, which I am in the process of paying off, probably within the next 3-4 months considering the upcoming holiday season. I have a handful of student loans, one private, the rest from the DOE. Lastly, I have 2 installment loans from Ford Credit, opened this year, with total balances around $45000 combined.

I probably have around 15 inqs on my report from this year

Hope this helps!

Yea unfortunately even though you make good on a collection it's going to stay there for 7 years unless the CA agreed to send a letter to CRA requesting deletion of the collection or you can always try disputing the collection because 90% of the time they have wrong info and if they can't verify it accurately then it must be deleted. There is some info about it on this forum and there are a few other forums I know of but I don't think I can post the links here so if you want to know the URL's PM ME

Starting Score: EQ 686 10/18/11, TU 689 10/25/11, EX 685 10/11 (Amex Pull)....these are all FICO scores
Current Score: EQ 702 10/24/11, TU 689, EX 685
Goal Score: 750+

Score Update: EQ: 743 (02/03/12) TU: 741 (Walmart 01/11/12), now 761 as of 01/27/12 (Walmart), EX: 741 (Amex 01/04/12)
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Moderator Emeritus
MarineVietVet

fusioncredit wrote:

Yea unfortunately even though you make good on a collection it's going to stay there for 7 years unless the CA agreed to send a letter to CRA requesting deletion of the collection or you can always try disputing the collection because 90% of the time they have wrong info and if they can't verify it accurately then it must be deleted. There is some info about it on this forum and there are a few other forums I know of but I don't think I can post the links here so if you want to know the URL's PM ME

What would be the basis of that dispute?

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

New Contributor
mstew

I would have no basis to dispute the collection. Even though the circumstances of it suck and all, It really was my fault for not reconciling my account completely for outstanding checks before I closed the account. I'm not a fan of having the collection on my report, but I only have 1, and it hasn't really hindered my ability to get credit, so I'm not going to worry about it...

Wallet: American Express ZYNC, Barclaycard Financing Visa, Capital One No Hassle Cash MC

Sock Drawer: Capital One Platinum, Best Buy Reward Zone MC, GEMB Wal-Mart (Store only), WFN JCrew (Store), First Premier (Only until June when the AF hits again)
Valued Contributor
boomhower

Try for a Barcly card.  99.9% of the time they pull TU. 

Also take a look at pageonce.com.  Open and account there and  you will never miss another CC payment.  It is a free site and will keep track of all you cards, due dates, minimum payments, etc.  On top of credit cards and banks they have power companies, insurance companies, cell phone bills, and even your investment accounts.  Of all my accounts the only thing they don't have is my CU and a small local loan place.  They have just about everything but if you have other bills you can set them manually.    You can set up a variety of alertts and different time periods and reasons.  It's an awesome service and the price is right FREE.  They even have free apps for the iPhone, iPad, and Android.  The Android version kind of sucks but the iOS versions are just as powerful as the website itself.  I realy can't overstate my love of that sight. 

Valued Member
MMAYFIELD0309

Awesome website man! So simple to use too! Thanks!

Starting Score: TU FAKO: 565 - EQ FICO: 598 - EX FAKO: 545
Current Score: TU FICO: 632 - EQ FICO: 646 - EX FAKO: 661
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Contributor
Ms-Kato

I downloaded the pageonce app for my android....nice screen layout..Haven't tested it tho.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}