Regular Contributor
rm3

Unsecured and Secured to rebuild???

Would it be counterproductive to have an unsecured and secured card reporting while trying to rebuild? I currently have two low limit cards ($300CL each) and just got approved for NFCU nrewards unsecured visa (1000CL). I want to open the secured nrewards to add another card that I could make CL increases to until  the CL is 5000, if that makes any sense. Any suggestions/advice? Trying to get mortgage ready for first home 12/2013 

Starting EQ Fico: 536 (3/12)
Current EQ Fico: 649 (9/13)-lender pull
TU Fico: 684 (8/13) 711-lender pull 9/13
EX Fico: 646 (8/13) 655-lender pull 9/13
Senior Contributor
Wolf3

Re: Unsecured and Secured to rebuild???

rm3 wrote:

Would it be counterproductive to have an unsecured and secured card reporting while trying to rebuild? I currently have two low limit cards ($300CL each) and just got approved for NFCU nrewards unsecured visa (1000CL). I want to open the secured nrewards to add another card that I could make CL increases to until  the CL is 5000, if that makes any sense. Any suggestions/advice? Trying to get mortgage ready for first home 12/2013 

I think it is a good plan. The high CL card can help get higher CL in the future.   And it helps tremendously with your utilization.  It will look good on your report in 14 months.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}