v639dragoon

Unsure which Credit Card to use as my main card?

So I have a Chase Sapphire Preferred and an Amex Gold. I'm unsure which card I should use as my everyday card? I always pay in full, so that's not an issue. I really like the consumer protection that AMEX offers, but I don't seem to be getting many MR points from them because I do not travel to often. Basically getting 1 point per dollar. Also, I do tend to dine out and go to bars a decent amount, so maybe the Chase Sapphire Preferred would be better? 

Before the annual fee comes up for both cards, I am either planning on downgrading the CSP to a Chase Sapphire, or getting rid of the Amex gold and keeping the CSP. What are your thoughts? The Amex also has NPSL, which is nice, I have a 5k limit on CSP, but don't get anywhere near that. Maybe neither of these cards are right for me? 

Profile: 23 yrs old, $45k salary, living at home so no expenses but hope to change that in a year as I get pay increases, paying for an auto loan currently. 

Thanks for your help!

Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL | Amex BCP $6k | Credit Union Card $1k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5k | Southwest RR Plus $5k | Nordstrom Store Card $4k | Cap1 Venture $35k AU | Amex Plat Business NPSL
Frequent Contributor
iMacDrew

Re: Unsure which Credit Card to use as my main card?

I think this just boils down to which do you prefer AMex MR or Chase UR

Lender pulled 10-10-13
EQ Fico 715 | EX Fico 714 | TU Fico 703

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+