Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Until dust settles

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Until dust settles

I guess it is the time to listen to music and potential AA for the recent approvals and inquires. I have decided to sock drawer all the cards for next 6 months.

I'll use just these cards going forward with the possibility of using the storecards for spcial deals at their stores.

Personal Use

Penfed Visa / Nordstrom Visa /  Soverign Amex / Citi MasterCard

--------

For Business

PNC Visa / Key MasterCard

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Until dust settles

maybe you should consider locking your credit reports... it takes a little time and effort to get them unlocked for a lender to be able to pull... maybe that would be enough time and effort for you to reconsider applying.  I recently changed my mind on a christian community visa after they called me saying my reports were locked!

Message 2 of 7
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

Why not use any of your cards in a sensible way? Isn't that why you got them in the first place? What dust is there to settle? In my opinion, if you don't max your new cards out and pay them off every month, there is no need to put them away.

Message 3 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@wollepopolle wrote:

Why not use any of your cards in a sensible way? Isn't that why you got them in the first place? What dust is there to settle? In my opinion, if you don't max your new cards out and pay them off every month, there is no need to put them away.

This is true, especially with your WFFNB cards, they love to see lots of use and then they will keep giving you CLI

Message 4 of 7
TangMeister
Frequent Contributor

Concorduser, I am sorry to read what has happened with Amex.  I truly hope you now realize and understand why it happened, and what you need to change to not have it happen again with any of your credit relationships.

Just a heads up:  Do not be surprised if PenFed shuts you down for the massive app'ing and credit card spree recently taken.  They've done it to others in the recent past.  That's the one I see most at risk for you, aside from the Amex FR which was inevitable from my perspective.  I REALLY hope it doesn't happen to you.  They are an awesome CU, and the one I value above all the others for their great rewards and generous pre-approvals.

Best wishes on your path forward.

Message 5 of 7
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I truly know it is my fault and taking total responsibility for it. As per Amex they could do FR at any time for any one. I am not taking it personal. I am going to send the information they are looking for and I am sure they will restore the cards back. One thing about me, I always do PIF and my debt is very low. Who ever stays with me they will get my business and who ever does not they dont get my business. I did what ever I did and now It is done and I am not going to loose my sleep over it. Bottom line, I dont need any of these credit lines as I pay every thing in full every month.

Message 6 of 7
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

@Red1Blue wrote:

...Bottom line, I dont need any of these credit lines as I pay every thing in full every month.

and yet you obsess over them all the time here.

Wishing you the best, though, in your credit break!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.