cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unused card. . . best course of action???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unused card. . . best course of action???

I have a Chase credit card that is on my credit report that I don't ever use. I have never used it. I'm not even sure if I ever applied for the card, but THERE IT IS. I found it when I applied for a United Mileage Chase card. When I opened my electronic banking homepage, it was automatically linked. It shows that it has been open for a few years and has no activity whatsoever. The question is, in order to raise my score, do I: 1. Leave it the way it is; 2. Get a card for the account and start using it; or 3. Close the account. Any help would be very, very much appreciated. Thank you!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
kclb
Regular Contributor

Re: Unused card. . . best course of action???

You should try to at least use it a few times. It doesn't hurt to establish a history with them. Just make sure you pay on time and behave yourself. Smiley Happy Keep it active and build up your fico score. ^^

-
EX - 677 | EQ - 714 | TU - 724 as of December 4, 2013.
-
CC - Bank Of Hawaii - Hawaiian Airlines - $1500 / AMEX - Costco - $1200 (Nov '13) / Discover IT - $1200 / Aloha Pacific Credit Union - $3000 / AMEX - Blue - $6500 (authorized user) / Chase - CSP - $5000 (Dec '13)
-
Closed Accounts - AMEX Platinum.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Unused card. . . best course of action???

I would call them up and get a card issued immediately and start charging the sucker!

Albeit conservatively...
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.