tag
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Unusual/Unique Cards

@Anonymous wrote:

@B335is wrote:
Oddballs in my collection:
Union Bank
Commerce Bank Garfield card (I don't think you can apply anymore)
Stonegate (Cuba card)
Equality card if that still counts
FNBO ANA and JAL cards (you rarely see them here)

Japan Airlines sounds intersting, B. Was it difficult to get? FNBO seems so conservative from all I have read, but I've never applied with them.

I actually have the ANA card. It was my second FNBO card and I think they put a heavier emphasis on the existing relationship. It's grown much slower than La Quinta but I also use it much less. I get regular emails about the JAL card but never bothered to apply as the bonus is really low compared to more traditional airline cards. 

Message 21 of 28
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
@hum..... what was your limit like on the Equality card? Score at the time if you remember? I believe they pull EQ IIRC. My friend applied and got denied for unable to verify identity and he never Persued it.

Hi djgrolyos,

I don't have that card, but I think B335 does. Maybe he will be able to help. Smiley Happy

Yes they pulled EQ for me and my score was around 740 at the time. It's not a high limit card but the CEO is very engaged and always responds to emails. 

Message 22 of 28
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Bank of America Cash Rewards MC/WMC:  most cardholders have it issued as the VISA version, but a MC version is also available (I personally have one of these as well).  I remember reading from a previous or older thread here on thet forums that BoA apparently does not advertise its Cash Rewards MC product offering very much though.

Message 23 of 28
galahad15
Valued Contributor

I know I've mentioned these card products quite a few times before already on the forum lol, but I'll give yet another shout-out to them yet again, if only b/c I genuinely think they don't get quite enough love here as they perhaps should:  BEFCU VISA as low as 4.99% F with rewards program, PACU MC as low as 7.50% F also with rewards program, and Unify FCU Variable-Rate card as low as 5.24% V and Fixed-Rate card as low as 8.99% F (neither of these cards has a rewards program though).

Message 24 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@galahad15 wrote:

Bank of America Cash Rewards MC/WMC:  most cardholders have it issued as the VISA version, but a MC version is also available (I personally have one of these as well).  I remember reading from a previous or older thread here on thet forums that BoA apparently does not advertise its Cash Rewards MC product offering very much though.

I know mine is a VISA and I've always seen them as Visas however I have read on here you can request the MC version! That is unique for sure!

Message 25 of 28
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@galahad15 wrote:

I know mine is a VISA and I've always seen them as Visas however I have read on here you can request the MC version! That is unique for sure!

I am sure there are quite a few of us with the MLB Cash Rewards. The only option in the link I used was for the MC version (it came as a World MC). I saw several posts around for people with multiples of the card.  I believe everyone is down to a max of 4 now.  The MLB was popular last spring/summer for the $200 ($350 after 75% bonus) sign up bonus popular last spring/summer.

The one card I would like, but can't get is the PCMCU(?) card.  5% for everything up to $1000 per month.  It does have a $50 AF.  Still not too bad for all purpose spend for misers.

Message 26 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Hum Smiley Happy
Oops. My bad.
Read too fast.
Smiley Happy

Message 27 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thx B335.
I may have to look into this card. I like the idea of donating to charities instead of getting points or cash. Just for a change-maybe use this card one full month a year or something to get a small donation to some charity.

To everyone else. Thx for the replies. I love hearing about thee different types of cards. You know there has to be 100's out there we just don't hear about. I wish there was one huge database of all credit cards. Probably would be too big and confusing and not very helpful. Hence, the myFICO forums and this topic Smiley Happy
Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.