cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming AF...I Don't Want it Reporting.

tag
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

Upcoming AF...I Don't Want it Reporting.

Hello all,

My AmEx AF is coming up this month. Can I just pay it before the statement cuts, or is that not possible? I have a zero balance and the only charge will be the AF, which as I understand will post at statement cut. A CSR said I can, but she didn't fill me with confidence...lol. She seemed unsure. Thank you as always for your input.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Upcoming AF...I Don't Want it Reporting.

@indiolatino61 wrote:

Hello all,

My AmEx AF is coming up this month. Can I just pay it before the statement cuts, or is that not possible? I have a zero balance and the only charge will be the AF, which as I understand will post at statement cut. A CSR said I can, but she didn't fill me with confidence...lol. She seemed unsure. Thank you as always for your input.

Just push the payment with your banks bill pay service.

Message 2 of 11
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@indiolatino61 wrote:

Hello all,

Just push the payment with your banks bill pay service.

Of course...thanks Gdale. I hardly ever do that, so I forget about that option...lol...Smiley Tongue.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 3 of 11
budugu
Regular Contributor

yes u can push from your bank side but why ... credit karma just dinged me for just that .... having zero balance (only balance on chase ink bold) business .... went from a to c strange

amex - plat + bcp, Apple Card, Citi Prestige (AU)
Message 4 of 11
policebox
Contributor

Credit Karma's algorithm grades 0% utilization as a C. But it doesn't matter since Credit Karma is a FAKO score.

Message 5 of 11
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@budugu wrote:

yes u can push from your bank side but why ... credit karma just dinged me for just that .... having zero balance (only balance on chase ink bold) business .... went from a to c strange

Yeah...CK scores 0% utilization lower than 1-20%. However, my AmEx is at zero, but I have my Cap1 reporting 1-9% this month...I don't have all my cards at zero. 

Message 6 of 11
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

Will it be the only card reporting a balance? From my understanding, FICO also dings for 0 UTL

If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 7 of 11
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@TheGardner wrote:

Will it be the only card reporting a balance? From my understanding, FICO also dings for 0 UTL

You are correct...but that is why I don't want it to report, since I already have my Cap1 reporting 1-9% for this month.

Message 8 of 11
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

Ah, I would overpay. Only a few creditors frown on that and I don't think AMEX is one of them. I would go with the CSR on this one.

If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 9 of 11
avv7c0
Regular Contributor

Yes, my Amex Delta Gold AF will post to my account this month, on the day the statement closes. This frustrates me every year, because I don't typically let this card report a balance to my CR, and it usually dings my score.

This year, I got smart and thought to try exactly what you're describing. I paid my current balance plus $95 and it worked. My CL shows as $30,095. So I can confirm that this will work for you.
----------------------------------------------------------
Fico Scores:
EQ - 811 (Feb '14)
TU - 829 (Mar '14)
EX - 814 (Mar '12) - Lender Pull
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.