Valued Contributor
indiolatino61

Upcoming AF...I Don't Want it Reporting.

Hello all,

My AmEx AF is coming up this month. Can I just pay it before the statement cuts, or is that not possible? I have a zero balance and the only charge will be the AF, which as I understand will post at statement cut. A CSR said I can, but she didn't fill me with confidence...lol. She seemed unsure. Thank you as always for your input.

photo Logo-CreditCardCollection-DataInclusive_zpsf395b751.jpg
Valued Contributor
gdale6

Re: Upcoming AF...I Don't Want it Reporting.

indiolatino61 wrote:

Hello all,

My AmEx AF is coming up this month. Can I just pay it before the statement cuts, or is that not possible? I have a zero balance and the only charge will be the AF, which as I understand will post at statement cut. A CSR said I can, but she didn't fill me with confidence...lol. She seemed unsure. Thank you as always for your input.

Just push the payment with your banks bill pay service.

EX Cred Ses 12/14: 796 ; EX Fico 04 V2 06/14: 775; EX Fico 08 07/14 778 ; EX Fico 08 BC 11/14: 793
EQ Fico 05/14 781 ; EQ MPM 12/14: 750
TU Fico 8 12/14: 719; TU MPM 06/14 706
Valued Contributor
indiolatino61

gdale6 wrote:

indiolatino61 wrote:

Hello all,

Just push the payment with your banks bill pay service.

Of course...thanks Gdale. I hardly ever do that, so I forget about that option...lol...:smileytongue:.

Contributor
budugu

yes u can push from your bank side but why ... credit karma just dinged me for just that .... having zero balance (only balance on chase ink bold) business .... went from a to c strange

AU-> RE-Entering the Garden -> 03/07/2014
New Contributor
policebox

Credit Karma's algorithm grades 0% utilization as a C. But it doesn't matter since Credit Karma is a FAKO score.

Valued Contributor
indiolatino61

budugu wrote:

yes u can push from your bank side but why ... credit karma just dinged me for just that .... having zero balance (only balance on chase ink bold) business .... went from a to c strange

Yeah...CK scores 0% utilization lower than 1-20%. However, my AmEx is at zero, but I have my Cap1 reporting 1-9% this month...I don't have all my cards at zero. 

Established Contributor
TheGardner

Will it be the only card reporting a balance? From my understanding, FICO also dings for 0 UTL

If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 720 for all in 2014.
TU - 762 EX - 704 EQ - 706 myfico 3 score watch

In the Garden Last APP Oct 23, 2014. Last HP the great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Valued Contributor
indiolatino61

TheGardner wrote:

Will it be the only card reporting a balance? From my understanding, FICO also dings for 0 UTL

You are correct...but that is why I don't want it to report, since I already have my Cap1 reporting 1-9% for this month.

Established Contributor
TheGardner

[ Edited ]

Ah, I would overpay. Only a few creditors frown on that and I don't think AMEX is one of them. I would go with the CSR on this one.

If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 720 for all in 2014.
TU - 762 EX - 704 EQ - 706 myfico 3 score watch

In the Garden Last APP Oct 23, 2014. Last HP the great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Regular Contributor
avv7c0

Yes, my Amex Delta Gold AF will post to my account this month, on the day the statement closes. This frustrates me every year, because I don't typically let this card report a balance to my CR, and it usually dings my score.

This year, I got smart and thought to try exactly what you're describing. I paid my current balance plus $95 and it worked. My CL shows as $30,095. So I can confirm that this will work for you.
----------------------------------------------------------
Fico Scores:
EQ - 811 (Feb '14)
TU - 829 (Mar '14)
EX - 814 (Mar '12) - Lender Pull

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}