Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming Spree, Suggestions?

tag
cottontop
Contributor

Upcoming Spree, Suggestions?

Hi all, been a while.  It's been over 2 years since I last apped for a cc or cli, and haven't been closely following the forums lately.  Currently I have about $200,000 in cc limits, 5% utlitizaiton (1% in few days), 740-780 Fico scores.  22 year file, 7 year AAoA.  Three five year old 30 day lates.  EX & EQ both show an Oct 30 day on a car loan with Ally, due to an auto pay mix up, its been removed from TU still trying to get off EX & EQ.  But, doesnt seem to be affecting scores but about 20pts.

Been trying to plan out an app spree, doing a bunch of reading catching up on the latest in the forums.  Looking for suggestions.....

Goal is to add about $100,000 in lines or cli over this month.  I already started with AMEX HH, & PRG Business.  According to the "will charge be approved button", the PRG is at least $17,500 and the HH AMEX for the time being said a $2000 temp limit when I requested the temp card #, hopefully that will increase.  Two years ago, I had a PRG that allowed up to around 80,000.  Hit a rough patch in business, ran late couple months, paid them off & never reopened accounts.  Fortunately, that didn't report on personal, and I don't guess they held a grudge since I got instant approval for both cards.

My current line-up is:

Business:  Ink $5200

PRG  NPSL  (est $17,500)

BOA Biz cc  $20,000

Lowes Biz Rec $5000

Personal:  Barclay Arrival +  $22,500 (my go-to card)

Cabelas    $10,300

Chase Freedom  $30,000

CSP  $20,000

Cap 1 Venture $5000

Discover $16,500

FNBO  $11,500

Citi Double Cash $8400 (oldest account pc's old AT&T card from 1995)

Citi TY Preferred  $12,900

Bank of America 123   $35,000

USAA Wounded Warrior  $3000

US Bank Flex Perks  $7000

PenFed $5000

Over the past two years utilization has swung from 0% to 98% a couple times, only minor AA with CLD on USAA, Cabelas & Lowes Biz.  When I built these lines in 2013-2015, it was all for the rewards, never expecting them to be used out of need.  However, I soon learned the value of available credit.  When the unexpected happened, I am thankful I had access to that credit.  It saved me from making unpleasant decisions.  I was shocked I didn't suffer more AA than I did.  With that said, don't think the credit was used frivolusly, as it was a means to buy time to avoid liquidating assets.  Fortunately it worked.  There was always a plan B that would have quickly taken care of the debt.  

So, here is the plan.  Please make suggestions or criticism, both are valuable.  

Tackle Chase first due to new 5/24 rule if I understand correctly..

Chase -- Appy for CSR, if approved fold CSP into new line.  We travel quite a bit and this card would more than pay for itself.

Chase Biz -- Apply for new Ink with 80,000 bonus

Barclay -- new card  -- suggestions?  Idea is to fold into Arrival at some point

Citi  -- first request CLI's on existing accounts for $25,000 ea. (I have luv button showing on both) Take the HP.  Possibly consider new card app same day (Question : is that allowed)

Citi Biz -- Apply same day as CLI Requests  ( Question, can you get both a personal & biz citi same day or do the waiting rules apply)

Discover -- press LUV button see what happens... Then apply for new card for one year added cash back.

Cap 1 Venture -- request CLI   via luv button

Bank of America  -- cli button is there -- ask for $50,000

Bank of America -- app for Merrril Lynch card

US Bank -- app new card

Sync Bank --  Pick two cards & hopefully recon to $25,000 ea.

Commenity Bank -- Total Rewards, Fuel Rewards

Then maybe a couple biz choices, depending on how inq & approvals look after all this.

I think this will scatter inq across all 3 bureaus, right now, I only have a couple inq still showing on each bureau, from auto loan or biz loan purposes.  No recent cc accounts or inq except AMEX over the weekend.  I don't expect to see any AA from new accounts as my file is old & deep.

I appreciate all feedback ....

Chase Unlimited 53k, us bank reserve 14k, nfcu flagship 32k, nfcu 15k cloc, discover 23.9k, citi 29k, 27.5k, GM 7.5k, Venmo 20k, penfed 15k, apple 8.5k,
Biz. Ink 10k, 35k, 20k, 5k. Us bank 9k, GM 29k
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Upcoming Spree, Suggestions?

Definitely do Chase first due to 5/24. Also you can't app for the Merrill card anymore, links have all been taken down. You can possibly call and apply but from what I've heard they are requiring people to be actual Merrill clients now (this wasn't enforced before).

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.