cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7/5 Update - Marvel Fraud - $16,000!!! - What happened Sync??????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

7/5 Update - Marvel Fraud - $16,000!!! - What happened Sync??????

Got a phone call yesterday to call into the fraud dept to verify some trasnactions on my account. I called in and the automated system transfered me to a rep after I hit the 3 for not recognizing the trasnaction.

Rep gets on the line...tells me this is her first Fraud issue on the Marvel card, asked me which design...blah blah...she then states that there have been numerous transactions that had posted to my account and wanted to verify. ALL WERE APPROVED FROM INDIA!! either online or phone. What happened Sync???? My biggest transaction was $35ish dollars until now. So me spending thousands over the phone half way around the world is gonna make so much sense? I don't even know what to say. First time ever with fraud and it seems like I was hit hard. Last statement was $501.xx now my balance is over $16,000...all of which was fraud as I didn't use the card after the statement cut. 

New card number coming and so affidavit things. I am gonna make sure I cross my T's and dot my I's on this one.

Screen Shot 2016-06-04 at 1.33.49 PM.png

UPDATE:

Transactions are now visible....here they are

Screen Shot 2016-06-07 at 2.04.44 PM.png

They sure did have fun!

7/5 **UPDATE** - Called today as I have yet to receive my affidavit. Fraud dept said that a claim was never started and that the card was only reported lost. Rep said she wasn't sure what happened and that she would place a credit on my account for the balance and get the paperwork sent out today. Funny that she knew I was disputing all the transactions but it never made it to the department.  Should I have got a credit originally until the investigation was complete?

Message 1 of 79
78 REPLIES 78
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Marvel Fraud - $16,000!!! - What happened Sync??????

Sorry this happened. Unfortunately Synch just doesn't strike me as being in the same league as say Chase, BOA, etc and so they probably don't handle things as efficiently or well. At least they are fixing it for you. Still sucks.

Message 2 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess you can't rely on all superheroes to prevent danger... Lol
Message 3 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

Sorry this happened. Unfortunately Synch just doesn't strike me as being in the same league as say Chase, BOA, etc and so they probably don't handle things as efficiently or well. At least they are fixing it for you. Still sucks.

I don't get it. I was shut off with Chase at Target one day, in the next town over, for spending $350. 

My concern is now with that balance reporting if not cleared before the next statement. There goes util on that card - 84%. What other bank is gonna get skidish? Barclay? BoA?

Guess this is a downfall for having a large line on a sync mastercard.

Message 4 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

Holy cow - Batman! And I was irked when my brand new Penfed was hit up for $175 at Lidz (definitely NOT my charge).....

Message 5 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Got a phone call yesterday to call into the fraud dept to verify some trasnactions on my account. I called in and the automated system transfered me to a rep after I hit the 3 for not recognizing the trasnaction.

Rep gets on the line...tells me this is her first Fraud issue on the Marvel card, asked me which design...blah blah...she then states that there have been numerous transactions that had posted to my account and wanted to verify. ALL WERE APPROVED FROM INDIA!! either online or phone. What happened Sync???? My biggest transaction was $35ish dollars until now. So me spending thousands over the phone half way around the world is gonna make so much sense? I don't even know what to say. First time ever with fraud and it seems like I was hit hard. Last statement was $501.xx now my balance is over $16,000...all of which was fraud as I didn't use the card after the statement cut. 

New card number coming and so affidavit things. I am gonna make sure I cross my T's and dot my I's on this one.

Wow.  I have had Germany on my business card and England on my personal card before.  Sorry this happened.  I think you can set up alerts on the Marvel site to notify you if transactions over a certain amount post to your account.  I set mine for $100.  I am not swearing it's Marvel but most of my cards have that feature.  You might look for it when you are in your account area.

Message 6 of 79
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Last see, what sets off more red flags? India or transactions totaling $16K? Seems to me a call before approving those transactions would have been the right move. Looks like Synchrony has some work to do when it comes to preventing fraud.
Message 7 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I guess you can't rely on all superheroes to prevent danger... Lol

Just Capt America in my case. Smiley Tongue

Message 8 of 79
ddemari
Super Contributor

Omg that stinks op! I'm sorry! I had a call from synch fraud last week on my banana republic visa, someone tried to use it at Kmart even though I had my card in my possession at all times. Crazy they didn't spot unusual activity in that amount of succession faster!
Message 9 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow.  I have had Germany on my business card and England on my personal card before.  Sorry this happened.  I think you can set up alerts on the Marvel site to notify you if transactions over a certain amount post to your account.  I set mine for $100.  I am not swearing it's Marvel but most of my cards have that feature.  You might look for it when you are in your account area.

Screen Shot 2016-06-04 at 2.11.32 PM.png

Had I had those both checked, I would have been alerted. Going through all my accounts now.  Thanks for the tip!

Message 10 of 79
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.