Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update: AMEX $25K popularity

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

Update: AMEX $25K popularity

I'm eligible for a CLI call and wondering how often they give the full $25K without a counter?

I'm currently at a $12K CL on my BCE. Total util is 5%. Perfect payment history with AMEX. BCE balance is at $0

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX $25K popularity

@CS800 wrote:

I'm eligible for a CLI call and wondering how often they give the full $25K without a counter?

I'm currently at a $12K CL on my BCE. Total util is 5%. Perfect payment history with AMEX. BCE balance is at $0

I'm not sure, but my brother was around 14k-15k and requested online using the LUV button for around 40k IIRC and they countered with 33.3k. That is on a plain Jane AMEX Blue that he's had for around 3yrs now.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 2 of 23
CS800
Super Contributor

@j_casteel wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

I'm not sure, but my brother was around 14k-15k and requested online using the LUV button for around 40k IIRC and they countered with 33.3k. That is on a plain Jane AMEX Blue that he's had for around 3yrs now.

Generally, don't they ask for more documentation to provide anything above $25K

Message 3 of 23
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@j_casteel wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

i've seen people post that in a few threads, but i'm not sure. I know he just logged into his account hit the button and was immediately countered with $33.3k. I'm an AU on that card so my available credit jumped a lot and my utilization is really hard to get above 10-15% since we both PIF and only leaving small balances sometimes.

**I'm an AU but do not actually use the card nor do I have the card**

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 4 of 23
CS800
Super Contributor

SO I pulled the trigger for the CLI and requested $25K and they told me that it has to be reviewed by the Risk Management Team etc that I will hear from them in 3 business days

Also the guy said that it will be a HP. I was like why??? AMEX has always been a SP. He said no for CLI's AMEX always HP's. I asked him this twice to make sure I wasn't dreaming.

My previous CLI was instant in like 2 seconds. My EX is frozen but I'm sure they can still SP if they wanted to just like WalMart and PSECU do.

Message 5 of 23
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@j_casteel wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

@j_casteel wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

i've seen people post that in a few threads, but i'm not sure. I know he just logged into his account hit the button and was immediately countered with $33.3k. I'm an AU on that card so my available credit jumped a lot and my utilization is really hard to get above 10-15% since we both PIF and only leaving small balances sometimes.

**I'm an AU but do not actually use the card nor do I have the card**

I recently received an Auto CLI from $25K to $27K.  Not quite the same as requesting a CLI, but no documentation was requested.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 23
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

SO I pulled the trigger for the CLI and requested $25K and they told me that it has to be reviewed by the Risk Management Team etc that I will hear from them in 3 business days

Also the guy said that it will be a HP. I was like why??? AMEX has always been a SP. He said no for CLI's AMEX always HP's. I asked him this twice to make sure I wasn't dreaming.

My previous CLI was instant in like 2 seconds. My EX is frozen but I'm sure they can still SP if they wanted to just like WalMart and PSECU do.

Good luck!

I'm not sure how my brother was able to luck out then? Maybe his salary helped a lot?

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 7 of 23
tray
Valued Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

WoW aint this strange I have never heard of hard pulls now for cli's from Amex except if your credit was in the toilet, I wonder if this might be a new trend now of some kind, kept the forum posted,  middle of next week I am going to request a cli myself from Amex on my costco card but can only go up to 18,000, I will update on my status as well.  Good Luck

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 8 of 23
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

Well having it pass to risk management is new reading for me... 

Now on another note that I screamed out loud when I read was this guy saying HP and NO, CLI's have ALWAYS been HP's.... REALLY, How long have you worked at Amex? I actually usualy ask them if they know the difference first, then depending on that answer we can move forward to help him locate the correct information not for me but so he doesn't say it to others!

It's rare with Amex I feel...

Message 9 of 23
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Yeah... I don't think many reps know the diff between a hp or sp. Omg! Congrats to yall for having such high limits! I only have $3.5k on my little ole Amex BCE. Hoping for $10k in one more month!! Woo!!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.