Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Addresses/Employer with TU/EQ?

tag
WindBlazer3
Established Member

Update Addresses/Employer with TU/EQ?

I've been staying on top of things lately, but I just found out that AMEX had my previous employer/salary listed.  It's been almost a year since I worked there, and the salary was one-sixth of what I make now, since I recently graduated ...whoops..Smiley Sad.  I quickly updated the information, but it led me to another question:

• EX has my employer listed correctly when I pull my scores through AMEX's CreditSecure program, however TU and EQ do not report anything for my employer.  Should I file a dispute with EQ and TU to update my employer?

• I apartment-hopped during college (which has resulted in a couple of lingering hard inqs due to apt credit checks), as such I have three addresses listed by EX/EQ/TU.  Should I also file a dispute with each of the three bureaus to have my address updated to ONLY my current address?

• Should I file all three disputes online, like normal?

This information seems semi-irrelevant, but some friends of mine were telling me that it was important to get it updated, because lenders would feel hesitant to lend to someone who appears to have three addresses or has moved around a lot, or who's employer was not verified.

Credit scores around 700-727 for all three bureaus through AMEX's CreditSecure.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Update Addresses/Employer with TU/EQ?

You don't need to worry about old addresses being listed and most likely if your credit cards are coming to your new address it's only a matter of month or two before credit reports will start reporting that address also.  I have pages and pages of past addresses and it's never been an issue.

Message 2 of 7
vish1
Valued Contributor

As long as your old addresses are legit why would you want to remove them?

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 3 of 7
mauve
Valued Contributor

Also those scores are FAKOs

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 7
DI
Super Contributor

I'm in the same situation.  One can easily update their employer info with TU.  But with EQ and EX you'd have to fax or mail proof.   EQ will update the mailing address when a creditor submit the information.  Or its possible that the USPS sends the information when a change of address form is submitted.  But to update the employer information EQ most certainly want proof. 

Message 5 of 7
mauve
Valued Contributor

Employer information is irrelevant, no?

I mean, seriously, the only employers listed on my reports are 3 different names for the same place for a company that's been out of business since the mid 90s. 

I've had 20 jobs.  That's the only one on my credit reports.

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 7
DI
Super Contributor

@mauve wrote:

Employer information is irrelevant, no?

I mean, seriously, the only employers listed on my reports are 3 different names for the same place for a company that's been out of business since the mid 90s. 

I've had 20 jobs.  That's the only one on my credit reports.

It's not irrelevant.  It shows consistency when apping for new credit. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.