Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update: Alright guys Need help Amex Backdating

tag
scottykhan
Contributor

I got recently approved for Amex Costco and Hilton Hhonors.  I used to have a Blue Student Amex card back in 2003 as well. I burned that card back in 2006 but I payed them back in 2011. I haven't received my card yet but i was able to set up the online account.  

Now I see it says card member since 2013. i was like heck no. I chatted online and the Rep told me that Blue student program was sold to another company and therefore we will not be able to back date your membership date. Moreover, I gave her my old Amex account number and she said that belonges to another person and I was like what in the world was she talking about.   

So, I'm stuck now. i don't have the old card with me, just account number that I saved it back in 2011. 

What should be my plan of action?

Update:    I sent them secure message couple of days ago that member date should be 2003 or 2004, please search your records. Got the message same day that are overnighting the cards with member date of 2004. I applied for platinum card and got that card with 2003 date as well. Today I received all the cards with correct date.

Thanks guys for your help

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Alright guys Need help Amex Backdating

I had a Gold Amex back n 1977. The Amex acct was closed in the 80's. My account was always in good standing. When I reopened an Amex in 2011 I was unable to get the acount backdated even though I had the old Amex card number. CSR's said there was no record of me and the card number had been issued to another member.

Card numbers are recycled.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 2 of 6
scottykhan
Contributor

But I also read here that a guy who burned them in 1991 was able to get his card backdated to 1991 as well.!!!!!!!!

Message 3 of 6
scottykhan
Contributor

Any Idea guys?

Message 4 of 6
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

I've heard you can ask them to search "archives" and some have had success at that but I haven't done that so I can't say how effective it would be.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 5 of 6
scottykhan
Contributor

Update:    I sent them secure message couple of days ago that member date should be 2003 or 2004, please search your records. Got the message same day that are overnighting the cards with member date of 2004. I applied for platinum card and got that card with 2003 date as well. Today I received all the cards with correct date.

Thanks guys for your help

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.