Established Member
twelfthjoe2

Update: American Express Platinum apporved got a PRG question?

A few mins ago I poested this:

I was approved for an Amex platinum card about a month ago and was thinking of applying for the premier rewards gold card also for the 3x on airfare and 2x on gas. If I got approved for their platinum card would I get the premier rewards gold card right away or should I wait? If so how long? Thanks :smileyhappy:

Update: I did the onlione app and got this:

Thank you for applying for the Premier Rewards Gold Card. We value your membership and appreciate your interest in another American Express Card. According to our records, you submitted more than one application for this Card so we've cancelled the duplicate request.

Your original application has been reviewed and we have considered all of the information provided. At this time, we must abide by our decision and are unable to open an account on your behalf.

If you have any questions, please call 1-866-929-5162 or write to us at the address above. You can also learn more about managing your credit atamericanexpress.com/consumerresources.

Thank you for your Cardmembership. We look forward to continuing our relationship with you.

Sincerely,

Robert Garinger 
SVP Global New Accounts

We've provided an important notice below concerning your rights. The creditor is American Express Centurion Bank.

I have only applied for the platinum card? Should I call them and ask whats going on or just let it go? Could it risk my platinum card? Thanks :smileyhappy:

Senior Contributor
jsucool76

Re: Update: American Express Platinum apporved got a PRG question?

twelfthjoe2 wrote:

A few mins ago I poested this:

I was approved for an Amex platinum card about a month ago and was thinking of applying for the premier rewards gold card also for the 3x on airfare and 2x on gas. If I got approved for their platinum card would I get the premier rewards gold card right away or should I wait? If so how long? Thanks :smileyhappy:

Update: I did the onlione app and got this:

Thank you for applying for the Premier Rewards Gold Card. We value your membership and appreciate your interest in another American Express Card. According to our records, you submitted more than one application for this Card so we've cancelled the duplicate request.

Your original application has been reviewed and we have considered all of the information provided. At this time, we must abide by our decision and are unable to open an account on your behalf.

If you have any questions, please call 1-866-929-5162 or write to us at the address above. You can also learn more about managing your credit atamericanexpress.com/consumerresources.

Thank you for your Cardmembership. We look forward to continuing our relationship with you.

Sincerely,

Robert Garinger 
SVP Global New Accounts

We've provided an important notice below concerning your rights. The creditor is American Express Centurion Bank.

I have only applied for the platinum card? Should I call them and ask whats going on or just let it go? Could it risk my platinum card? Thanks :smileyhappy:

So you just applied for the PRG and got this message saying that you had a duplicate application? 

I would try the check app status link and see if maybe the application just went through twice, or if an app was put out in your name within the past 30 days or something. 

If you still can't figure it out I would call up. 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+