cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update: Approved! Amex Platinum - Your application is pending further review.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Platinum - Your application is pending further review.

Im an AU on PR Gold and Delta gold. As for calling the recon number, they told me this is all the info they have at the time. I guess its the fraud alert on my credit since the rep said someone will call you to verify info within 72 hours.

Message 11 of 41
john398
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Update - Called and was transfered to another department. They told me my representative was not in and will call me in 48-72 hours to request information from me. He went on to say he wasnt sure if they will mail out anything (FR?) or not.

I cant see a company taking 3 days of an employees time unless they were serious about approving me, then again, it is Amex. Any thoughts?

I dont think they are looking at your stuff the whole 3 days, just the wait time in the que takes that long as others are ahead of you

Message 12 of 41
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@john398 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Update - Called and was transfered to another department. They told me my representative was not in and will call me in 48-72 hours to request information from me. He went on to say he wasnt sure if they will mail out anything (FR?) or not.

I cant see a company taking 3 days of an employees time unless they were serious about approving me, then again, it is Amex. Any thoughts?

I dont think they are looking at your stuff the whole 3 days, just the wait time in the que takes that long as others are ahead of you

+1

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 13 of 41
quest208
Frequent Contributor

waht does your credit file look like (i think they pull Experian....)

credit limits, balances, AAoA,....etc

TU08 762
NFCU Visa Signature $20,000, Citi Prestige $15,500, USAA Mastercard $11,000, American Express Platinum, Barclays American Express $4700, Best Buy Mastercard $400, Orchard/Capital One $700
Message 14 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@quest208 wrote:

waht does your credit file look like (i think they pull Experian....)

credit limits, balances, AAoA,....etc

What I meant by the 3 day wait is that if they werent serious about approving, they would have most likely denied by now without going through any hassle. Profile is 1 Year 4Mo AAoA, 3 cards totalling 8500, 1% utilization, 753 Fico TU.

Message 15 of 41
Mickey11
Regular Contributor

I hope you get it, I hope to be in your position 2 years from now!

Starting Score: TU 660 EQ 623 EX 644
Current Score: TU 670 EQ 683 EX ???
Goal Score: 700 on all 3

Freedom: $3k, CSP: $5k, Chase Disney Premier: $5k, AmEx Zync: NPSL, Cap1 NH: $750, Cap1 Plat: $750, USC CU: $500
Message 16 of 41
quest208
Frequent Contributor

they pull TU?

anyway congrats i think?  approved?  good luck

TU08 762
NFCU Visa Signature $20,000, Citi Prestige $15,500, USAA Mastercard $11,000, American Express Platinum, Barclays American Express $4700, Best Buy Mastercard $400, Orchard/Capital One $700
Message 17 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unsure on approval status. Thanks for all the best wishes though!!

Message 18 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE: Amex needed to verify info with me due to the fraud alert I have on file. After several questions the rep came back and said im approved. She will also expedite my card. Im happy :smileyhappy:

Message 19 of 41
quest208
Frequent Contributor

im still trying to determine whether the platinum is heavily dependant on income.   can you maybe pm me a rough idea what your stated income was on the app?

i wanted the amex gold eventually this year, but i think im gunning for the platinum once i make it to the 760 fico zone (praying i get there this year)

TU08 762
Message 20 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.