Did you mean: 

Update: Approved for PlentiSM Credit Card from Amex

tag
AvadaKedavra
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX launched New card - PlentiSM Credit Card from Amex

Um...

Well this is pretty underwhelming...

I guess it's a good Gas card if you use the Plenti program for that?

Message 31 of 135
chwebb1
Established Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Ya from what I read you can enroll any card in the Plenti network from Amex, so where is the benefit of applying for this card?

Do you know how to do this? I can't seem to figure out how to enroll my BCE.

photo NUS000000180_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo DISCOVER_IT_LG.gif photo card_1.png photo night-launch.png photo NUS000000012_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo bankamericard-better-balance-rewards-credit-card-small.png
$15000 ........... $12500 ............ $11750 ............ $10000 ........... $9400 ............ $5000 ............. $5000
In the Garden until at least November 2015
Message 32 of 135
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@chwebb1 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Ya from what I read you can enroll any card in the Plenti network from Amex, so where is the benefit of applying for this card?

I stand corrected, it appears you cannot enroll your BCE or whatever card..  Well it appears you get a plenti card for free.. Show at retailers and get X loyalty points so you gotta carry around another piece of plastic from what I can see when I enrolled.. So Amex's plenti card just elimiates the extra card..Like another poster stated, alot like Upromise although Upromise allowed you to enroll whatever CC.

http://www.plenti.com/

Message 33 of 135
chwebb1
Established Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@chwebb1 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

I stand corrected, it appears you cannot enroll your BCE or whatever card..  Well it appears you get a plenti card for free.. Show at retailers and get X loyalty points so you gotta carry around another piece of plastic from what I can see when I enrolled.. So Amex's plenti card just elimiates the extra card..Like another poster stated, alot like Upromise although Upromise allowed you to enroll whatever CC.

That's pretty disappointing. Maybe they'll fix that sometime in the not too distant future.

photo NUS000000180_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo DISCOVER_IT_LG.gif photo card_1.png photo night-launch.png photo NUS000000012_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo bankamericard-better-balance-rewards-credit-card-small.png
$15000 ........... $12500 ............ $11750 ............ $10000 ........... $9400 ............ $5000 ............. $5000
In the Garden until at least November 2015
Message 34 of 135
Anonymous
Not applicable

You present your Plenti card or number at participating retailers to earn points there. You can also earn Plenti points using this Plenti American Expess card anywhere or you can transfer Membership Rewards points to Plenti.
Message 35 of 135
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Be nice if you could just link it to existing say BCE or ED and if you happen to get rewards great, if not then oh well...  The only thing the Amex version appears to have is you don't have to carry another additional "savings" card around just use the CC.. Blah

Message 36 of 135
Involver
Valued Contributor

I probably would've applied if Amex hadn't changed their reporting of newly opened accounts, but otherwise this looks pretty worthless. 

Message 37 of 135
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@chwebb1 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

This actually does NOT eliminate the need to carry the extra card.

From the T&C (emphasis is mine):

Plenti Program
Plenti Credit Card: For each dollar spent on an eligible purchase using your Plenti Credit Card from Amex, you earn one Plenti point. Eligible purchases are purchases for goods and services minus returns and other credits. Eligible purchases do NOT include fees or interest charges, balance transfers, cash advances, purchases of travelers checks, purchases or reloading of prepaid cards, or purchases of other cash equivalents. Plenti points earned from using your Credit Card will be posted to your Plenti rewards account at the end of the billing period following the one in which the transaction for which you earned them took place. To be eligible to receive Plenti points from the use of the Credit Card, your Credit Card account must be active and not in default at the time of fulfillment.

Plenti Rewards Card: When you make a purchase at a participating Plenti partner location, you will need to use your Plenti rewards card in order to receive additional Plenti points for qualifying purchases at such location. Each Plenti partner will have different ways for you to earn points for qualifying items, services or behaviors. Participating partners and offers are subject to change without notice and are subject to geographic availability, location exclusions and additional terms. See www.plenti.com/partners for details. Plenti is a rewards program operated by the American Express Travel Related Services Company, Inc. 

Earning Points at Plenti Partners. You may receive PlentiSM points when you make a purchase at a participating Plenti partner in multiple ways, including: (1) by paying with your Plenti Credit Card; and (2) by using your Plenti rewards card. The terms for earning Plenti points differ between the two. That means that the number of Plenti points that you receive for the same transaction may vary and there may be instances where you receive Plenti points for purchases with your Plenti Credit Card and from using your Plenti rewards card, or from one but not the other.In order to be eligible to receive the maximum number of Plenti points for a purchase at a participating Plenti partner when you use your Plenti Credit Card for payment, you must both (1) pay with your Plenti Credit Card and (2) use your Plenti rewards card

Message 38 of 135
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@chwebb1 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

This actually does NOT eliminate the need to carry the extra card.

From the T&C (emphasis is mine):

Plenti Program
Plenti Credit Card: For each dollar spent on an eligible purchase using your Plenti Credit Card from Amex, you earn one Plenti point. Eligible purchases are purchases for goods and services minus returns and other credits. Eligible purchases do NOT include fees or interest charges, balance transfers, cash advances, purchases of travelers checks, purchases or reloading of prepaid cards, or purchases of other cash equivalents. Plenti points earned from using your Credit Card will be posted to your Plenti rewards account at the end of the billing period following the one in which the transaction for which you earned them took place. To be eligible to receive Plenti points from the use of the Credit Card, your Credit Card account must be active and not in default at the time of fulfillment.

Plenti Rewards Card: When you make a purchase at a participating Plenti partner location, you will need to use your Plenti rewards card in order to receive additional Plenti points for qualifying purchases at such location. Each Plenti partner will have different ways for you to earn points for qualifying items, services or behaviors. Participating partners and offers are subject to change without notice and are subject to geographic availability, location exclusions and additional terms. See www.plenti.com/partners for details. Plenti is a rewards program operated by the American Express Travel Related Services Company, Inc. 

Earning Points at Plenti Partners. You may receive PlentiSM points when you make a purchase at a participating Plenti partner in multiple ways, including: (1) by paying with your Plenti Credit Card; and (2) by using your Plenti rewards card. The terms for earning Plenti points differ between the two. That means that the number of Plenti points that you receive for the same transaction may vary and there may be instances where you receive Plenti points for purchases with your Plenti Credit Card and from using your Plenti rewards card, or from one but not the other.In order to be eligible to receive the maximum number of Plenti points for a purchase at a participating Plenti partner when you use your Plenti Credit Card for payment, you must both (1) pay with your Plenti Credit Card and (2) use your Plenti rewards card

You'd think they'd find a way to turn your plenti amex card iNTO your plenti rewards card so you don't need to carry both. 

Message 39 of 135
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Yep agree.. Lame...Still confused why Amex wanted to team up with Plenti, unless Plenti is paying them?   Silly partnership just in my opinion

Message 40 of 135
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.