Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Income Notification from Amex

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update Income Notification from Amex

I have received a notification from Amex pertaining to updating my income.

" We're writing to ask that you take a few moments to update the income information that you have on file with us. Since your income may change over time, it's a good idea to update it periodically so that we can better service your account in the future. "

What will happen if I never update the info? I'm am trying to wait till I file my taxes to do so, but do you think they will 'block' my card? I have received two notificaions thus far.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Update Income Notification from Amex

highly doubt it.
Message 2 of 6
willwar14
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
highly doubt it.

+1 my mom had the same message a few months back, just left it and nothing has happened.

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

they are mainly asking to get up to date info to be able to see about CLIs or CLDs or new products or to determine of your DTI is still on par.
Message 4 of 6
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I don't think this is a big deal, and I wouldn't worry about waiting until you did your taxes, as long as the number you report is in the 'ball park' you'll be fine. 

Like others have mentioned, this is probably for future CLIs, etc.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase asked me this and shortly after I got a credit line increase. To give CLI they need to get an update on your income yearly. Just go in your profile and put in your income
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.