cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update, No NFL Extra Points 4 Me :( - Should have stayed in the garden!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update, No NFL Extra Points 4 Me :( - Should have stayed in the garden!

*sigh* Decided to try and push my luck. Applied for NFL Extra Points Visa (huge fan) and received the message listed below. Smiley Sad Football season is finally here, all I wanted is one more CC and a few discounts at nflshop.com! That's what I get. Researched the card online and after reading through a ton of reviews people with low scores/limited history seemed to be approved fairly often. Thought I had a decent chance. Now I'll sit here twiddling my thumbs and biting my nails waiting on the denial letter and/or email to arrive. Second HP for TU totally wasted. Awesome...

Update - So I was denied for the card. The reason they gave is *Insufficient number of credit cards on credit report* umm yea I know......kind of thought you could help me with that problem Smiley Mad This is the most frustrating part of building credit to me. When you're starting fresh no one wants to give you a card unless you already have a history of cards and in order to get to that point you either have to jump through the secured hoops, or do some joint application nonsense neither of which appeal to me. So I've learned my lesson! No more HP, no checking pre-qualifying sites, no worrying about applying for anything else just gardening. Heavy use through the Chase and little use on the Platinum card. Maybe that will give Capital One enough incentive to increase my limit to something decent around the 5th statement, maybe Smiley Very Happy Not the outcome I was hoping for but its OK! Need to be thankful for what I have and relax. Thanks everyone

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
aubie1kenobie2
Frequent Contributor

Re: Should have stayed in the garden!

Call them to recon! I believe they are backed by Barclay's.

Starting Score: No credit history in July 2013, 663 in August (lender pulled)
Current Score: 773 (Discover FICO), 749 (DCU EQ)
Ultimate goal: Buy a house in 2016!
Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I don't see any status change or hear anything by Monday I'll call for a recon. I'm trying to think positive hoping a human will look at the application and say YES, LETS GIVE HER A CARD! lol

Message 3 of 23
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

As someone with many new accts I always let Barclays pending status ride out without calling. Not sure if that's the case for you but it could go either way. Goodluck!
Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks B335is, since you have experience I'll take that advice and let it ride out. I cant be certain of whats going on over there but I'd rather not call and rock the boat if they may be leaning toward a yes. No need to call for a recon unless I get a confirmed denial Smiley Happy I'll be patient

Message 5 of 23
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@CallaLilyLover wrote:

If I don't see any status change or hear anything by Monday I'll call for a recon. I'm trying to think positive hoping a human will look at the application and say YES, LETS GIVE HER A CARD! lol

If you applied and chose "Homemaker" as your employment this usually stops the app process until an actual UW can put eyes on the app.

Message 6 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I chose Professional. Seemed like the closest match to Employed which they didn't provide as an option. Even though Unemployed is listed Smiley Indifferent Strange

Message 7 of 23
MT936
Established Contributor

Didn't think it was hard to get it I got mine when I was 18 with very limited history
Amex Blue Cash Everyday: $25,000 | Navy FCU Cash Rewards: $25,000 | Discover It: $20,500
Chase Freedom: $12,500 | Citi Double Cash: $10,000 | Bank of America Cash Rewards: $8,000

Message 8 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't think it was hard to get either that's partly why I attempted to try for it. Smiley LOL But maybe something in my TU report isnt up to par for them and I'll have to try again in a few months. They might not like my lack of credit history. I doubt the two cards I have are already listed on my report its only been about a week since approval but I could be wrong. Keeping my fingers crossed for now!

Message 9 of 23
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

I hope it works out for you.  Keep us updated

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.