Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update: Premier America's Rewards MC as low as 7.5% F

tag
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Update: Premier America's Rewards MC as low as 7.5% F

[Updated info below]

Hi, I just came across this post this afternoon (link provided below), where themanwhocan had very helpfully mentioned the Premier America CU's Premier Privileges Rewards MasterCard product, which apparently has rates as low as 7.5% F, no AF, plus 1.5% cashback rewards; apparently also mentioned in the linked post is that anyone can join with membership?  (Also many thanks themanwhocan for this valuable info!)

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Has-anyone-seen-a-credit-card-with-lower-fees-than-this...

I checked the creditpulls database to try to determine how high of a score would be needed to qualify for their lowest-available rate of 7.5% F, but could find no info on this credit union there.  Does anyone have any idea what kind of credit score they would want for that -- for example, 750, 780, 800+?  Just wondering...in mho, this is just about as close to credit card perfection that someone can get:  single digit rate, fixed-rate APR, *plus* with relatively-generous rewards program rewards program  Smiley Happy  Why have a CSR, Prestige, CSP, etc. card when you can have one of these awesome things, lol?  Smiley Tongue

ETA:  so apparently after talking with one of the CU's representatives, a minimum FICO score of 730 is needed to qualify for the best rates, and they triple-pull across all 3 credit bureaus, the same way Cap1 does only EX (according to CU rep as of 8/30/16), if that hopefully is of any help to anyone.  [ETA:  the rep wasn't 100% sure if they pull EX FICO Score 8 or Score 2, but she said she believed that they pull EX Score 8.]

Message 1 of 44
43 REPLIES 43
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Re: Update: Premier America's Rewards MC as low as 7.5% F

bump?  (With all the attention the CSR is getting atm lol, you'd think that at least some people might be interested in some kind of an alternative, like this card?)

In my own personal humble opinion, this card is pretty much almost the greatest thing since sliced bread, almost like the holy grail of credit cards that you can still actually app for in today's environment:  as low as a fixed-rate single digit APR plus generous rewards package...

Message 2 of 44
mattmyFIC0
Established Contributor

The APR is good, especially by todays standards. I think the issue is that it is yet ANOTHER 1.5% cashback card. The market seems to have several of those already. I try to not carry a balance so it doesn't appeal to me.

Thanks for sharing though, I love to read about new cards Smiley Happy

Scores 01/04/2017: EQ 719, TU 750, EX 716
Goal scores: 740 across the board
Message 3 of 44
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

If the CSR has filled their bellies, then perhaps the FBA&T left a sour aftertaste for the othersSmiley Happy Thanks for the info, even if its "just another 1.5 'r" i would still think for those with the right profile, the low interest apr would be like candy in a babies hand. Now all we need are a gp or 2 or 3 or 5 to get the stampede runnin' Smiley Wink
Message 4 of 44
satasat360
Regular Contributor

Dont assume 1.5 points == 1.5% cashback, some cases the redumption can be much lower.

Starting Score: 669
Current Score: 777
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

So...I went ahead and bit the bullet and applied for the CC with Premier America.  Joined, funded the savings and checking accounts...no problem..

With that finished, I went ahead and apped for the Visa card.  My scores are 722, 727, and 729, so I should be right at the threshold for their best rates.  I have a ton of inquiries across the board, so I have no idea if that will be a deciding factor for them or not.  I received a message at the end of the application that the request had been sent to a LO for review and I will be contacted within 24 hours.  I only requested a 3500 limit, to be conservative to start with, so we'll see what happens.  

Once I find out, I'll let everyone know the outcome!

Message 6 of 44
Callandra
Valued Contributor

@satasat360 wrote:

Dont assume 1.5 points == 1.5% cashback, some cases the redumption can be much lower.

Does anyone know what the points are worth? 

You can't really compare the CSR and this card. They have different purposes - CSR is for URs (for transferring to partners); this looks like it's more for cashback / giftcard redemption. 

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 7 of 44
galahad15
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So...I went ahead and bit the bullet and applied for the CC with Premier America.  Joined, funded the savings and checking accounts...no problem..

With that finished, I went ahead and apped for the Visa card.  My scores are 722, 727, and 729, so I should be right at the threshold for their best rates.  I have a ton of inquiries across the board, so I have no idea if that will be a deciding factor for them or not.  I received a message at the end of the application that the request had been sent to a LO for review and I will be contacted within 24 hours.  I only requested a 3500 limit, to be conservative to start with, so we'll see what happens.  

Once I find out, I'll let everyone know the outcome!

Best of luck; really hope that everything works out for you!  Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 44
galahad15
Valued Contributor

@Callandra wrote:

@satasat360 wrote:

You can't really compare the CSR and this card. They have different purposes - CSR is for URs (for transferring to partners); this looks like it's more for cashback / giftcard redemption. 

Agreed 100%, they are for different purposes.  The 3 things that make me super-excited about credit cards, IME, are:  (1)  fixed interest rate; (2) as low as single-digit APR; and (3) a good rewards program.  If I can have all of the above, I am uber-happy, lol.  I don't travel too much, maybe once a year or less, and so for the travel needs I do have, my AF-free Cap1 and BoA Travel rewards cards do fine for me.  I just thought maybe this card could potetntially appeal to similar people, who don't really travel frequently by air or in general too much, and who prefer an AF-free, super-low APR plus cashback rewards card.  Personally for me, the icing on the cake more than anything is the ultra-low, fixed-rate APR, again combined with the rewards -- the best of all possible worlds  Smiley Happy

Also I guess with all the attention the CSR was getting, I wanted to see if anyone was potentially excited about another kind of outstanding card, just in a diffferent way  Smiley Happy

ETA:  edits/corrections

Message 9 of 44
galahad15
Valued Contributor

@Callandra wrote:

@satasat360 wrote:

According to the link I provided to themanwhocan's earlier post on the card:  "1.5 points per dollar spend".  Sorry -- I may have accidentally confused 1.5% cashback with 1.5 points per dollar; my apologies for the earlier confusion on my part about the card's rewards terms.

Message 10 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.