Update: Premier America's Rewards MC as low as 7.5% F

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Update: Premier America's Rewards MC as low as 7.5% F

@galahad15 wrote:

@Callandra wrote:

@satasat360 wrote:

Dont assume 1.5 points == 1.5% cashback, some cases the redumption can be much lower.

Does anyone know what the points are worth? 

You can't really compare the CSR and this card. They have different purposes - CSR is for URs (for transferring to partners); this looks like it's more for cashback / giftcard redemption. 

According to the link I provided to themanwhocan's earlier post on the card:  "1.5 points per dollar spend".  Sorry -- I may have accidentally confused 1.5% cashback with 1.5 points per dollar; my apologies for the earlier confusion on my part about the card's rewards terms.

No worries my friend... while not always, many times points do translate to percent if you opt for a statement credit.  Smiley Happy

I checked their website for clarification but was unable to find anything (I could have overlooked it... I'll check again later when I have more time to browse). 

In any case, this is definitely an impressive card; if I didn't already have my wallet stuffed I would likely give it a hard look myself!  Smiley Wink

Message 11 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@galahad15 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So...I went ahead and bit the bullet and applied for the CC with Premier America.  Joined, funded the savings and checking accounts...no problem..

With that finished, I went ahead and apped for the Visa card.  My scores are 722, 727, and 729, so I should be right at the threshold for their best rates.  I have a ton of inquiries across the board, so I have no idea if that will be a deciding factor for them or not.  I received a message at the end of the application that the request had been sent to a LO for review and I will be contacted within 24 hours.  I only requested a 3500 limit, to be conservative to start with, so we'll see what happens.  

Once I find out, I'll let everyone know the outcome!

Best of luck; really hope that everything works out for you!  Smiley Happy

Thanks Galahad!  I'm keeping my fingers crossed!  Hopefully I'll hear something tomorrow!

Message 12 of 44
galahad15
Valued Contributor

New update:  Premier America just called back today, and the customer service representative who was on the phone this time mentioned that they pull only EX for apps, not all 3 CRAs as previously listed in my original post.  I will update my original post to reflect this accordingly.

Message 13 of 44
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Update: approved for the Premier America MC, at the 7.5% F rate!

Update:  yesterday I was approved for the Premier Privileges Rewards MC, at the 7.50% F rate.  Just to be on the safe side, and since I am now at 15/24, I asked them for a $2k SL, in order to avoid appearing overly-aggressive or overeager for credit.  But very happy to be approved either way!  Smiley Happy

Again below is link to the card, if anyone else in the recommended score range was also potentially interested in apping.  This CU is not geographically-limited, since anyone can qualify for membership through joining the qualifying Alliance for the Arts organization.

https://www.premieramerica.com/loans/credit-cards

ETA:  edits/adds

Message 14 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Update: approved for the Premier America MC, at the 7.5% F rate!

Is it an HP for membership?
Message 15 of 44
galahad15
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

No HP needed for membership -- the CU uses the same HP they also use for the credit card application for the membership part and creating savings, checking, etc. accounts. 

Message 16 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@galahad15 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

No HP needed for membership -- the CU uses the same HP they also use for the credit card application for the membership part and creating savings, checking, etc. accounts. 

Yes but if I just want to join and not apply is there an HP just for membership.
Message 17 of 44
galahad15
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@galahad15 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes but if I just want to join and not apply is there an HP just for membership.

AFAIK and if I am hopefully understanding correctly based on my previous conversations with the CU CSRs who approved my card application with them, unfortunately at least 1 HP is needed, either to app for the card or for membership alone, or only 1 HP for both combined.  I don't think there's an option just to join without a HP (sorry).

Message 18 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you I appreciate the information.
Message 19 of 44
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Did they request any proof of income?

With high 700's scores seems silly to just ask for $2k though

Message 20 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.