cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update: Say goodbye to Optima and Cap One?

tag
severine
Contributor

Re: Say goodbye to Optima and Cap One?

Thanks for all your advice! Tomorrow I will be calling the Amex oasis phone # and asking them to close me out. I'll also pay off the CapONe and be done with monkey business forever!

Amex PR Gold NPSL | Amex BCP 16.5k| Amex Delta Gold Skymiles 14.9k | Amex BSP 5k | Discover 12.5k | Citi Diamond Preferred 11.9k | Chase Freedom 12k | Chase Sapphire Preferred 12k | US Bank Cash + Visa 13k | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Signature Visa 9.5k | M and T Bank Visa 10.9k | FICO TU 784 EQ 768 EX 784
Message 11 of 19
iMacDrew
Frequent Contributor

sounds good, you should look into another amex down the road.

Lender pulled 10-10-13
EQ Fico 715 | EX Fico 714 | TU Fico 703
Message 12 of 19
severine
Contributor

Well, one step forward and two steps back, y'all! I called to cancel the Optima card, which was done very graciously. I explained my situation to the rep who then told me to go ahead and apply for the Delta card...I KNEW that I should wait 24-48 hours, but instead was impetuous and was subsequently declined because I "currently hold an active recovery card with Amex". GRR! Totally my own fault, I should've waited. So I called the recon number and they told me to call back once CS had definitely cleared the Optima card from my record. I'll call back later this week and provide an update. You know that feeling when you do something stupid that you know you shouldn't do and should instead trust your own knowledge? Yeah--THAT.

Amex PR Gold NPSL | Amex BCP 16.5k| Amex Delta Gold Skymiles 14.9k | Amex BSP 5k | Discover 12.5k | Citi Diamond Preferred 11.9k | Chase Freedom 12k | Chase Sapphire Preferred 12k | US Bank Cash + Visa 13k | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Signature Visa 9.5k | M and T Bank Visa 10.9k | FICO TU 784 EQ 768 EX 784
Message 13 of 19
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Well I don't think you took hard pull for that app. Looks like you need to cancel and apply.  Obviously safest route is to go for zync.  But your scores look good enough for revolver.  Personally I wouldn't mind a couple of extra Amex cl even if I cancel soon enough.  Backdating is great.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 14 of 19
severine
Contributor

UPDATE: Re: Say goodbye to Optima and Cap One?

Well, I canceled my Optima card on Monday and then applied for the Delta Skymiles card. I was told to call back Thursday a.m. to check the result of my review request. The guy (who I have to say had the most fascinating vernacular use of English I've ever heard---not hating on him, I'm just really fascinated by the very specific linguistic training that the CS reps receive. i I'm a linguist by training, sorry for the digression) told me that the review would now probably take 4-5 more days. UGH! Does this seem right? Do you think I should call the Exec number or just cool my jets until I hear something?

Message 15 of 19
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Re: UPDATE: Re: Say goodbye to Optima and Cap One?

Check status online

https://www262.americanexpress.com/eaol/welcome.do

Message 16 of 19
HenryJumbo
Regular Contributor

Congrats keep up the good work.

Starting Score: EX: 736 FAKO | TU: 757 FICO | EQ 730 FICO
Current Score: EX: 736 FAKO | TU: 750 FICO | EQ 730 FICO
Goal Score:     EX: 750 FICO | TU: 750 FICO | EQ: 750 FICO
In my wallet:  $16,000  $8,000
Message 17 of 19
severine
Contributor

Coming back with excellent news: I was approved for the Amex Delta Gold Skymiles card with an intial CL of $10,900!! I am so stoked! I had to wait a week and must admit to having pestered the recon people, but my persisetence paid off. Best news: they are backdating my account to 2006 bc that was the original date I received my Optima (oasis) card. So happySmiley Happy

Message 18 of 19
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!  Get that credit report spiffy for the 61 day cli.  What's you aaoa at?  Couple more Amex might help that.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.