Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update: Successfully converted Delta to Blue Cash

tag
ChemGuy
Frequent Contributor

Update: Successfully converted Delta to Blue Cash

Well, I finally decided to give AMEX a call to do the PC from Sky Miles to Blue Cash.  The lady had me on hold for 3 minutes, came back and said I was approved for the Blue Cash.  Same credit line (3K), but higher APR (prime +13%....yuck, especially because I'm at 13.24 APR right now....).  But I received some letter awhile ago saying amex was going to increase the rate, but I didn't know when.  It doesn't matter though....I've never carried a balance, and certainly won't plan to with the new product change and the potential for FR.

I can't believe the conversion was successful!  I will finally have all legitimately prime cards now.  Now, maybe I'll have the guts to ask Chase for an CLI!  I wanted to convert to Sapphire, but was told that I had to first ask for a CLI to 5K (from 3K)

Anyway, thanks to you all MYFICO!!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Update: Successfully converted Delta to Blue Cash

Congrats!  I wonder does it makes a difference if I PC from Blue to Blue Cash.
Message 2 of 7
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Congrats, ChemGuy! Nice PC!
Message 3 of 7
DI
Super Contributor

I was able to PC to Blue Cash Rebate online without any problems. 
Message 4 of 7
ChemGuy
Frequent Contributor

I'm only excited about the conversion because of my 680 FICO.  It's like I'm stuck in the twilight zone:  I have lots of money, high income, but events from 6 years ago continue to dog me.  Anyway, DI,I imagine that you should not have had any problems based on your score.

Message 5 of 7
DI
Super Contributor

My new Blue Cash Rebate card isn't going to be converted until Nov. 8th.  It will be mailed 7- 10 days after.
Message 6 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

For all Blue Cash card holders, be sure that you know how it works:

You get the pitiful rewards until you've charged $6500. Once you hit $6500, you get the good rewards. But they're not retroactive. One way of looking at this, very, very roughly, is to say that 4 months at the low rewards and then 4 more months at the high rewards, if you charge at the same pace, means 8 months at ~3%. Which ain't shabby, but just remember that you've got that first $6500 with the 1% thingy, or whatever it was.

And the real killer is that this resets every year on January 1, not 365 days after you got the card.

So it's smart to get Blue Cash late in the year, not expecting anything wonderful in the rewards department, and then on New Year's Day, make it pretty much your only CC. Put everything on it you can --your rent, your utilities, etc etc --to get to $6500 ASAP. And then remember that it will take another $6500 worth of charges just to make your net rewards 3%. And so forth.

A good card if you're willing to make it only card, and to use it a LOT.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.