Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update: Weird PenFed Message

tag
Hockeyplayrr
Frequent Contributor

Update: Weird PenFed Message

Well I joined PenFed via a $15 donation to try to establish a relationship with them for any future endevours.  I read that if you app for a credit card at the same time it is a single hard pull.  So I apped for the cash rewards thinking that 5% back on gas would be nice for only putting $25 in a money market savings.  When i submitted the application it returned with:

Decision

Your application has been referred to a Loan Officer to be considered for a credit line of $50,000.00. 

Is that the basic response when they manually review? I mean I only put 35k down as my income...

Update:  Well I finally heard back from them and they turned the computer'a decision down due to "pyramiding debts". Is this their way of saying they think I have too many cards open?  I mean I never carry a balance and the only actual debt I have are student loans.  Is reconning Penfed a losing battle?  Thanks 
Credit Scores: Equifax - 744 (Oct FICO) | Experian 736(Oct Fico) | Transunion - 755(Oct Fico)

Credit Lines: Diners Club 20k | Penfed Plat Rewards 7k | SDFCU 5k | Amex BCE - 10.5k | Chase Freedom 4.5k | CSP - 10.6k | Discover IT - 9k | Sallie Mae 3.8k | BofA 123 - 4.9k | CITI Double Cash 9.1k | Total Rewards 3.25k
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Weird PenFed Message

To better help you havng post moved to CC 

Good luck

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 8
WuXing5
Regular Contributor

@Hockeyplayrr wrote:

Well I joined PenFed via a $15 donation to try to establish a relationship with them for any future endevours.  I read that if you app for a credit card at the same time it is a single hard pull.  So I apped for the cash rewards thinking that 5% back on gas would be nice for only putting $25 in a money market savings.  When i submitted the application it returned with:

Decision

Your application has been referred to a Loan Officer to be considered for a credit line of $50,000.00. 

Is that the basic response when they manually review? I mean I only put 35k down as my income...

ROFL Smiley Very Happy, this happened to me more than a year a go, call them, they'll ask you to provide income verification, send your W2 and recent pay stub, if you have direct deposit, bank statements. Most likely they'll counter your limit to something like 5-15K if you income is valid. Good luck OP!

"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully. " - GWB
Message 3 of 8
NotUsher
Contributor

Impressive. Didn't accidentally add an extra 0 somewhere, did you? That's a lot of gas.

On the plus side, utilization will be low...

Message 4 of 8
youngman1234
Established Contributor

They will adjust the limit trust me after a loan officer reviews it
Message 5 of 8
youngman1234
Established Contributor

They will counter at like 7500
Message 6 of 8
Hockeyplayrr
Frequent Contributor

I'm hoping that the system just glitched and I didn't accidently add an extra 0. I could see that causing more of a problem than needed.  I'll update the thread once I hear back from penfed.  Says I should get an update in about 24 hours.  Thanks everyone

Credit Scores: Equifax - 744 (Oct FICO) | Experian 736(Oct Fico) | Transunion - 755(Oct Fico)

Credit Lines: Diners Club 20k | Penfed Plat Rewards 7k | SDFCU 5k | Amex BCE - 10.5k | Chase Freedom 4.5k | CSP - 10.6k | Discover IT - 9k | Sallie Mae 3.8k | BofA 123 - 4.9k | CITI Double Cash 9.1k | Total Rewards 3.25k
Message 7 of 8
Hockeyplayrr
Frequent Contributor

Re: Update: Weird PenFed Message

Well just to update. The computer decision was turned down by a loan officer due to "pyramiding debts". They said my credit score was 729. Is that their way of saying they think I have too many credit cards? Think it is worth trying to get it overturned or are they pretty strict?

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.