cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update on AMEX Backdating and a few Questions.

tag
LisaJ
Frequent Contributor

Update on AMEX Backdating and a few Questions.

So I set up my account online last week and have been checking.  I logged in just a few minutes ago to see that AMEX did, indeed remember me....they have backdated me to 1994!!!! 

Woman Very Happy

I logged in to Discover as well; they afforded me a nice initial limit of $4000.  I'm happy with that, too.

AMEX HP'd EX, and Discover HP'd EQ.  Both took a few days to report.

This is my first AMEX since having a CO with them almost 10 years ago.  If I app for and receive another card, does that card also affect my AAoA?  As I refused to do business any longer with Orchard and HSBC MCs last year (they wouldn't raise my CL or waive my AF, so they were costing me more than they were worth) my AAoA dropped to just under 6 years, as I apped for CSP just prior, thus lowering my average.  I know that when this one reports it will help, but was wondering if another will also make a difference (does that make sense?)  Are odds usually good on two cards (I was given a $11,000 initial CL and will ask for a CLI in 61 days, but won't be asking for 3x...maybe 2x, but not 3x).

Since my HPs have reported at this point I am not going to app for Citi or Barclay as planned and will garden for a bit while I decide what to do.  What is the best strategy to employ if I want another card with AMEX, and is it truly a soft unless approved once I am in their system?  Am I correct in assuming that an additional AMEX is the best route to go (rather than bothering with Citi or Barclay), and if so, any advice as to which one?  My BCP, when it arrives, will become my go-to gas and grocery PIF card.  I should easily make the spend requirement for the $250 bonus, too.

Thanks so much....I would NEVER have had the courage to app with AMEX without this board.

Edited to clarify AAoA. 

WOW! EQ when I joined myFICO: 657. Ups and downs and a few bumps and bruises, but finally back over 700. Whew!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: Update on AMEX Backdating and a few Questions.

Nice!

Congrats on your Amex and reacquiring your membership date status to 94!  That's awesome!

Message 2 of 3
LisaJ
Frequent Contributor

Re: Update on AMEX Backdating and a few Questions.

@Open123 wrote:

Nice!

Congrats on your Amex and reacquiring your membership date status to 94!  That's awesome!

Thanks so much!  I really just can't quite believe it.

WOW! EQ when I joined myFICO: 657. Ups and downs and a few bumps and bruises, but finally back over 700. Whew!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.