cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update on Bank of America FICO (EQUIFAX)

tag
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

Re: Update on Bank of America FICO (EQUIFAX)

Let me clarify my earlier post.  I believe US Bank uses TU-04 scores for account reviews.  They regularly pull your credit score and use it for managing your account.  They do NOT allow you access  to the score.  FICO will allow them to give it to you for free.  However, they do not.  If we want access to the score, we need to let them know we want access to it.  When they ask you to provide feedback, be sure to mention you want it.  If you are on facebook, you should be sure to post on their page you would like access to the AR scores they pull.  

The credit scores US bank provides are not FICO scores.  They are fine for what they are.  However, I think CreditKarma is a better resource to learn about your TU and EQ credit reports.

DCU provides your EQ-04 (mortgage score).  PSECU is the other option to get mortgage score (EX-98).  Assuming US Bank actually uses TU-04, they could give us the last mortgage FICO score.

I am not sure if this old thread is completely up to date.  However, it will give you most of the options available:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/Where-to-obtain-FREE-monthly-FICO-scores/...

Message 11 of 23
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@CreditDunce wrote:

Let me clarify my earlier post.  I believe US Bank uses TU-04 scores for account reviews.  They regularly pull your credit score and use it for managing your account.  They do NOT allow you access  to the score.  FICO will allow them to give it to you for free.  However, they do not.  If we want access to the score, we need to let them know we want access to it.  When they ask you to provide feedback, be sure to mention you want it.  If you are on facebook, you should be sure to post on their page you would like access to the AR scores they pull.  

The credit scores US bank provides are not FICO scores.  They are fine for what they are.  However, I think CreditKarma is a better resource to learn about your TU and EQ credit reports.

DCU provides your EQ-04 (mortgage score).  PSECU is the other option to get mortgage score (EX-98).  Assuming US Bank actually uses TU-04, they could give us the last mortgage FICO score.

I am not sure if this old thread is completely up to date.  However, it will give you most of the options available:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/Where-to-obtain-FREE-monthly-FICO-scores/...

As I received 2 letters today from US Bank each of which refer to a FICO score that was pulled way back on 11/30, I can tell you that this is what they pulled for the review back then:

TransUnion FICO Risk Score Classic 04 Bankcard. Scores can vary from 250 to 873.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 12 of 23
uswala
Senior Contributor

US Bank pulled EQ for me both cards. It is surprising to know that they use TU for review.

Message 13 of 23
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

@Uswala - TU is the CRA I most often hear US Bank pull for approvals.  Of course, they can pull any CRA they want.   All they have to do is say we pulled this CRA, on this date, using this FICO model and here is the score.  If the CRA varies between pulls, that is ok.  It can help us understand what CCC's think of us.  It is especially, important for people with major differences between CRs. 

@TheManWhoCharts - Thanks for the good data point.  When I app'd for a card from US Bank 6 months ago, I never received a letter with my score/CRA pulled.  I will not know what CRA they are using for my AR's until I can pull my official credit reports later this year.  I would never have guessed they use FICO 04 BE scores.  I no idea how what my 04 BE scores looks like. 

Message 14 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

So guys, I just checked again with a phone rep and he had a office meeting about this. He confirmed it will be EQUIFAX. He also humoured me and double checked with his supervisor. He didn't know if it was going to be the 08 version, but I think it will be the eq bankcard version he said "no it won't be like the official one, but it wonot be the fake one like credit karma"
Message 15 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
So guys, I just checked again with a phone rep and he had a office meeting about this. He confirmed it will be EQUIFAX. He also humoured me and double checked with his supervisor. He didn't know if it was going to be the 08 version, but I think it will be the eq bankcard version he said "no it won't be like the official one, but it wonot be the fake one like credit karma"
You may want to look at https://www.bankofamerica.com/online-banking/service-agreement.go#cat11 and share it with your contact/phone rep. This clearly states that it is FICO score based on TU, not EQ. The version is classic FICO Score 8.
Message 16 of 23
Hokies2379
Established Contributor

Your phone guy is 100% wrong. I already have the free Fico score and it's TU 08. I'm not sure who you talked to but they are either clueless or don't actually work for BOA.
Message 17 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also already have the free fico score from BOA and it is TU 08... So yeah your phone rep is either a fraud or needs some training.
Message 18 of 23
erdoganog
Valued Member

How do you guys get it? i have cards but i dont see any option to enroll or anything

Began 8/2015
Goal 10/2016 Garden

Message 19 of 23
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@erdoganog wrote:

How do you guys get it? i have cards but i dont see any option to enroll or anything

Yeah, what the crap is up with knocking around about this so called new feature but none of us have even seen a peep of it on our accounts.

April Fools is not until next month.

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.