cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update on Capital One and Orchard Bank Merger

tag
ImjustCool88

Update on Capital One and Orchard Bank Merger

To all those curious to know what this merger means, I contacted Capital One.

Yes, you will get a new card with Capital One logo on it

Yes, your credit card numbers will stay the same (small amount of people will have a new number)

No, they WON'T combine the cards or the credit limits:

Adonis: I am sorry, you will be not able to link the credit limit of two Capital One accounts.

And here I was hoping they'd combine them so I don't have to keep this pitifully low limit orchard bank card!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Re: Update on Capital One and Orchard Bank Merger

Yeah and the former HSBC accounts will move over to the Capital One systems by early 2013, according to an acct manager.

Message 2 of 15
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Cap 1 wont combine there own cards so the hsbc and orchard combine doesnt surprise me.

Message 3 of 15
Anf_dude
Contributor

When Will We Be Recieving The Cap1 Branded Cards.? 

Message 4 of 15
mxp114
Valued Contributor

@Anf_dude wrote:

It varies, the Best Buy cards are now being issued rebranded plastics as of October 2012. Anytime between now and early 2013 is my guess. My new Capital One RZMC arrives this week.

Message 5 of 15
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

@Anf_dude wrote:

It varies, the Best Buy cards are now being issued rebranded plastics as of October 2012. Anytime between now and early 2013 is my guess. My new Capital One RZMC arrives this week.

Woooowwww mxp i just realized you had 130k credit available .............goddddddddddddd............mine only 1300 :B

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 6 of 15
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

dangit, i love my orchard bank visa (2% cash back on everything) and it is juat a plain black and grey card with the visa logo... i don't want it if i have the ugly cap 1 logo plastered on it 

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 7 of 15
beb86
Valued Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

@Anf_dude wrote:

I ordered a new one because I wanted the new design but its the same ugly (gold) design as before.....that was about two months ago do you think the will send out the new cards soon?

Message 8 of 15
Anf_dude
Contributor

I See. Soon, I Hope. I Don't Even Use My Orchard Card. Such A Shame To HavE Such A Low Degree Of Credit Card. Lol 

Message 9 of 15
Anf_dude
Contributor

Mine Is Blue.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.