Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update on "Pay off car loan with CC check"

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update on "Pay off car loan with CC check"

3 months ago, I considered transferring a balance from Honda to Chase CC with 2.99% offer. Well, I made a transfer of $14,500 out of 15k CL with $75 fee and was anxious to see what happens to my credit score.

My score as of Aug. 8 was 766 with 7% UTIL, and today I find that my score decreased by only ONE point to 765! My current overall UTIL is 19% (individually, Chase now has 97% of UTIL, and I have WaMu CC with just below 50% UTIL), but the Score Power report says it is a "positive" factor. Thus, I came to think that individual UTIL may not be as important as I thought and that the overall payment including revolving and amortization does matter.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Update on "Pay off car loan with CC check"

We've seen similar posts that one extremely high util card won't get you, as long as the overall util is low.

Don't go buy another car with a CC check, though. At least not right away. Smiley Wink
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.