Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update to CAP1 EO office return call

tag
1970charger
Established Member

Update to CAP1 EO office return call

Smiley Happy WOW OK soft pull they went from $500. To $3000. Yea Baby. As the earlier post stated also got 1.5% cash back $37 refund on annual fee, and  APR reduction of 5%. To all a great thanks.Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Eightiron
Contributor

Re: Update to CAP1 EO office return call

I Just called today and asked for an increase from 500 to 3000. (thanks to everyone who PMed me the number).  I hope I get the same result!

CONGRATS 1970Charger!

Gardening now for that spring harvest Entered 9/4/13 leaving 4/14
Message 2 of 23
lajntx
Frequent Contributor

@1970charger wrote:

Smiley Happy WOW OK soft pull they went from $500. To $3000. Yea Baby. As the earlier post stated also got 1.5% cash back $37 refund on annual fee, and  APR reduction of 5%. To all a great thanks.Smiley Very Happy

A complete total opposite experience from what I had today with their front line CSR`s. I have a card I was going to cancel anyways because I knew they had ZERO interest in increasing the CL -  but wanted to give them the opportuniuty to waive the AF.

Had an HSBC Discover Direct Rewards Card that I opened 4 years ago. Never missed a payment, never late, and for most of that time kept a balance of at least $200.

Starting limit: $300. CLI`s none. AF $69

After I got my insurance settlement last month, I PIF all of my cards. I asked for a 1 time courtesy of the AF to see if this card might become better after transition. NOPE. I got the ususal canned " I`m sorry we cannot do that at this time "

What to do? Hmmmmmmmm

Just cancel it...

The card was cancelled due to C-1 refusing to waive the AF and was willing to let a 4 year old account that never gave them single a red cent of  trouble be closed. Why spend billions aquiting accounts you are willing to let card members that pay their bills walk away from?

Meanwhile the EO litteraly gives away the bank to people "gaming" the system and that is why this bank really sucks.

EQ- 647, EX- 641, TU- 644
Sept `13 - ZERO Debt, 100% Liquid, AND a climbing credit score. Eat your heart out Dave Ramsey!
Message 3 of 23
myjourney
Super Contributor

@1970charger wrote:

Congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 23
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@lajntx wrote:

Meanwhile the EO litteraly gives away the bank to people "gaming" the system and that is why this bank really sucks.

Don't hate the player.  Hate the game.

Anyway, the logical question is "Why not try calling the EO?"

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 5 of 23
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on the CLI! 

When I called the EO yesterday, I asked to go from $400 to $1200.  I'll cross my fingers on getting there, but I'll accept any increase on this card.

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 6 of 23
blunderer
Established Contributor

1970charger - Niiiice!!! Congrats.

Message 7 of 23
lajntx
Frequent Contributor

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@lajntx wrote:

Because the EO cannot do anything with the Discover Rewards cards as they are on a seperate system, and quite frankly I think they plan on spinning them off to some other bank in the future to avoid doing business with the Discover network.. I dont hate the player.... Just the game that wont be there in the future when someone legitimately does neet EO assistance but wont get it because they allowed the system to be gamed to the point that the bank closes it.

EQ- 647, EX- 641, TU- 644
Sept `13 - ZERO Debt, 100% Liquid, AND a climbing credit score. Eat your heart out Dave Ramsey!
Message 8 of 23
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@lajntx wrote:

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@lajntx wrote:

Because the EO cannot do anything with the Discover Rewards cards as they are on a seperate system, and quite frankly I think they plan on spinning them off to some other bank in the future to avoid doing business with the Discover network.. I dont hate the player.... Just the game that wont be there in the future when someone legitimately does neet EO assistance but wont get it because they allowed the system to be gamed to the point that the bank closes it.

I wouldn't calling using the EO as gaming the system.  Capital One is in weird situation of serving the entire credit spectrum.  I'm sure they have studied the subprime customers behavior and have determined that they need to put hard limits in place etc. given the risk.  Remember if 51% of subprime customers are irresponsible and default, it makes sense for them to just collect their AF and other random money.  They obviously handle their "prime" customers differently.  It could also be that their front line CS can't be trusted beyond a very limited scope (most companies' front line reps are limited).  Capital One's EO seems less of a true EO and more of a level two CS.  They all seem better trained and can be better trusted.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 9 of 23
lissa1184
Established Member

Congrats on the increase! I too have called in and requested an increase from $400 to $3k. We'll see what happens.

Starting Scores May 2013: EQ 604 TU 661 EX 690
Goal Scores: 700+
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.