Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update to CC Fraud / Capital One response

tag
sekada
Regular Contributor

Update to CC Fraud / Capital One response

Welp,  this is what you get for being a Cap One customer:  The merchant returned my money from a fraudulent transaction instantly, both the merchant and Cap One agree this is a clear-cut case of fraud, the credit bureaus have disputes filed and are waiting to hear back from CC's.  The bureaus all say that the creditor can instantly resolve the dispute and re-send the info to them, but the managers are telling me that "because we're not a brick and mortar bank we don't do that."  Amayzing.  So, minimum 5 weeks to see it come off my CR.

So I call back and talk to a retention manager -- all three of my accounts will close if you don't help me, blah blah.  Cut to the chase:  I will get a faxed letter of resolution within 3-5 business hours, by fax because an entirely computer-based business does not "have access to email".  Whatever... it won't help my score go up, but if I apply in person/on the phone for car loans, it will help to have that letter available that says that.  Now all I have to do is neurotically police the very public and heavily used fax machine at my office.  Would hate to be a victim of CC fraud! lulz

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Update to CC Fraud / Capital One response

They are not a total computer based bank they have brick & mortar offices in some areas of the country. Good luck on getting this resolved quickly Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 4
axledobe
Frequent Contributor

OP- are they telling you they can't respond directly and quickly to the three CRA disputes?  Is that why they provided you with a faxed letter? 

FICO SCORES: TU 769; EX 790; EQ 790 ***Gardening indefinitely***

Message 3 of 4
sekada
Regular Contributor

Yes, they say it will take at least 30 days and probably more like 5 weeks for the credit reports to update.  They claim they "have no way", "do not", or "it's not their policy" to do it before the next statement date... depending who you talk to.  Since my statement date is the 11th, it would probably be sent then, and update automatically in 3-5 business days.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.