cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated*App spree plan of action* I Apped early.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Updated*App spree plan of action* I Apped early.

In one month, planning for a spree then waiting 2 years for chase.

In this order;

Discover It (plan to hit the dining catagory this year and next before my year is up on double cash back)

Venture/QS (purpose to combine)

Lowes

Blispay

Request:

Amex CLI

Macy's CLI

Nordstrom CLI

Wait for May 2018 to apply for Chase Hyatt, CSP/Freedom and Citi Hilton reserve.

Sounds like a plan. Anyone have some imput of which order or if this plan looks okay. All responses are welcomed. Even if they are negative :/

*Update*

Discover It (5500)

Lowes (3000) omg omg omg went to 35k....33k increase wahhhhhh

40,500 in 10min. SO fast (took long because i had to find the number.

Since I am on an app spree, should I app for Venture/QS???

18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: App spree plan of action

The real thing you should ask yourself, is that spree necessary?

Message 2 of 19
Mattopotamus
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I never understood the spree "play".  Do you need those cards?  Why not just wait for the current new accounts to fall off and then get the cards you really want instead of waiting until 2018?  Get the CLI if they are soft pulls (l know amex is)

Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mattopotamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I never understood the spree "play".  Do you need those cards?  Why not just wait for the current new accounts to fall off and then get the cards you really want instead of waiting until 2018?  Get the CLI if they are soft pulls (l know amex is)

This is where I was going. If the OP wants chase, just wait for chase! Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 19
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

If these are cards you really want and can use I say FULL STEAM AHEAD!

Looks like you got 5 of the 6 cards in you siggy in Feb 2016 so no go on Chase until Feb/Mar 2018 (except maybe the Hyatt).

When I app I tend to app for 2-3+ cards at a time. This has worked well for me, spread out over 6 months or 1 year. I prefer this method for a) multiple accounts aging together and b) HPs aren't seen by others when apps are on same day.

FWIW-I think going for Hyatt now (with the knowledge that 5/24 co brand might already be in effect so may be a denial) might be a good strategy too. This way in 2 years when you app for CSP and Freedom you will already have 2 years of good history under your belt with them. I had my British Airways for 1 year before I app'ed recently for Southwest and Hyatt. Instant approval on all three. And $33K in limits with them. If you do for for Hyatt I say do that first, then Discover. (But do all apps on same day)

Good luck with whatever you decide to do Smiley Wink

ETA: The above is based on decision to app. If you want reasoning for not to app I can throw some of that your way too. HAYYYY! Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 19
EdMan63
Established Contributor

So based on what you already have in your sig and if your spree is successful and you acquire the additional cards in a couple of years you would have roughly 15 cards. Like others mentioned above, do you really need that many cards? That would be the question I would be asking myself and do you spend enough to make it worthwhile for rewards. Trying to build rewards with that many cards would be a challenge to say the least. But if you have a plan and stick with it anything is possible so that choice is yours and yours alone. I get the idea behind spree's but I really don't see them as healthy credit behavior. 

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, a spree seems like a bad way of chasing... Chase.

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

im going to agree with everyone on this dont go crazy on a spree if a chase 

is what you want......chase wat matters Smiley LOL

Message 8 of 19
Chris679
Established Contributor

Sounds like s terrible plan. I can't see your sig on mobile but I'm pretty sure you have 4-5 accounts opened Feb 16. You need To be done until those hit 12 months.

Then you should only add 1-2 per year.

Go through with your plan and you are cruisin for a bruisin as my mom used to say
Message 9 of 19
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

In one month, planning for a spree then waiting 2 years for chase.

In this order;

Discover It (plan to hit the dining catagory this year and next before my year is up on double cash back)

Venture/QS (purpose to combine)

Lowes

Blispay

Request:

Amex CLI

Macy's CLI

Nordstrom CLI

Wait for May 2018 to apply for Chase Hyatt, CSP/Freedom and Citi Hilton reserve.

Sounds like a plan. Anyone have some imput of which order or if this plan looks okay. All responses are welcomed. Even if they are negative :/

I'll be a contrarian here. 

It seems like all of your cards except one are from Feb 2016. To get under 5/24 you anyway need to wait till 2018, so it's not like you can get with Chase anytime soon. At best, you'll be able to save 3 months or so if you don't app any more. 

That aside, you should ask yourself if you have a decent use for all of the cards. I have the Discover and love it. I had the Venture (got it specifically for the 40k) and merged it with my preexisting QuickSilver. I think Blispay is an attractive card with interesting value. I'm not sure about Lowe's - never had it - but I know it gives some huge limits.

You should probably get done with the CLIs before you app, so that the new inquiries don't show up during the CLI review. That said, each app should be worth it. As long as you know you'll get a good value from the app, 5/24 is not a very tough constraint in your case.

Edited to add: When you try the CLIs, the response from your current lenders should give you an indication of your app success. Your scores are a bit on the lower side so I'm not sure about the probability of success with new cards. Pick and choose anyway, and choosing none is always a safe option Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.