Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

**Updated** Chase Sapphire Preferred App Requires Further Review

tag
Alpha43
Established Member

**Updated** Chase Sapphire Preferred App Requires Further Review

So I pulled the trigger last night and received the dreaded "this application requires further review". I was already nervous to apply and getting that message did not help at all. I have already called both recon numbers stated in the sticky and both reps stated that they still need additional time to make a decision. I guess at this point the good news is that it is not a solid denial, however, the suspense is killing me Smiley LOL! The last rep I spoke to said to call back in 2-3 days.

For those curious as of 11/10 my Fico EQ is 770 with no lates, collections or any baddies. Oldest account is close to 6 years old and my average age is just over 2 years. My only inquiry is from applying for my Amex Blue card which was 8 months ago. Income is 53k.

Even though I am nervous I don't see why I would be denied, any thoughts? Has anyone been approved after getting a similar message?

**Update 11/13/12**

Update! I have just been APPROVED! Got approved for $6,000 on the Chase Sapphire Preferred

I was so happy I pulled the trigger on Discover (as I have been wanting that one too) and was approved for the following :

• 0.00% Intro Purchase APR
  • 15 Months Intro Purchase APR Duration then Purchase APR
  • 0.00% Intro Balance Transfer APR Transaction Fees Apply *
  • 15 Months Intro Balance Transfer APR Duration then Purchase APR
  • 9.99% Purchase APR* No Annual Fee
  • $100 Cashback Bonus for spending $1000 in your first 3 months

I am beyond happy and proud of myself right now as I feel like that I have achieved perfect wallet at a pretty young age. I will be in the garden for a very long time to let these new cards grow :smileyvery-happy:

Thank you again to everyone on this board, you have been such a tremendous help. The educatation I received by reading countless user experiences are priceless. Best of luck to everyone!

Capital One Platinum - $5,000 \ Care Credit - $10,000 \ American Express Blue Card - $18,000 \ Chase Sapphire Preferred - $6,000 \ Discover More - $3,000
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred App Requires Further Review

Hmm. I feel as if you'll eventually be approved. I'm also thinking of applying but your scores are better than mine yet you didn't get an instant approval. I'm scared now. Good luck keep us updated.

Message 2 of 29
Alpha43
Established Member

Will do, and I have seen plenty of people who get instant approvals with a much lower score. I guess something in my app confused the computer? Who knows but when I spoke to a recon agent I did ask if they needed further information from me just in case but they kindly said no just please be patient as we review the application.

Best of luck to you as well if and when you apply! What are your current scores if you don't mind me asking.

Capital One Platinum - $5,000 \ Care Credit - $10,000 \ American Express Blue Card - $18,000 \ Chase Sapphire Preferred - $6,000 \ Discover More - $3,000
Message 3 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

My experian fico is 739 (courtesy of an Amex denial) and my transunion fako is 749 (credit karma). I have no derogatory marks just my AAoA is only about 2-3 years. 

Message 4 of 29
Epcot
Valued Contributor

I hope you get approved!
I want to apply for the Chase Disney Premier card shortly, so I am going to anxiously wait for an update from you since I have a very similiar profile and score, just my AAoA is older.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 5 of 29
mr_postman
Regular Contributor

i was approved a month ago with CSP with a score of 650 i think you will get approve for the card the onle only deal breaker i see is that you only one have one account that thas 5k limit how is you AAOA? and thin file? you only have 3 cards reporting. I think what helped me out is that i have other accounts with 20K limits Chase usually dont like to be the first to give you that big limit thay will try to match your higher limits considering CSP is a signature card requires a minimum of 5K. good luck is it a very nice card lots of compliment with the metal card

Message 6 of 29
distantarray
Established Contributor

@mr_postman wrote:

i was approved a month ago with CSP with a score of 650 i think you will get approve for the card the onle only deal breaker i see is that you only one have one account that thas 5k limit how is you AAOA? and thin file? you only have 3 cards reporting. I think what helped me out is that i have other accounts with 20K limits Chase usually dont like to be the first to give you that big limit thay will try to match your higher limits considering CSP is a signature card requires a minimum of 5K. good luck is it a very nice card lots of compliment with the metal card

This and only other thing is Chase hates thin files, they like to see multiple accounts but your 3 cards should be enough.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 7 of 29
Alpha43
Established Member

mr postman , did you get instantly approved when you applied?

Message 8 of 29
distantarray
Established Contributor

@Alpha43 wrote:

mr postman , did you get instantly approved when you applied?

oh yea did you have checking with chase? if so make sure you tell them that =p

also my dad got approved with a 666 but he did have a Chase Ink for 12 year history, went into further review called it in and approved.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 9 of 29
Alpha43
Established Member

distantarray, no I currently bank with TD Bank. So far you guys think I should be okay which is really comforting. Besides this, I am only looking to get is a Discover More and I would be in the garden for a very long time.

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.