Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

**Updated** Chase Sapphire Preferred App Requires Further Review

tag
distantarray
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred App Requires Further Review

and not freedom? freedom points can be transfered to CSP for 25% travel bonus which would put discover more on the backburner imo

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 11 of 29
TyLey

I was just approved for 5,000 CL which shocked me but I think it's because I bank with them. I hope Discover will  raise my CL now.

Starting Score: 591 (2/09)
Current Score: EX 730 EQ 704 TU 701 CK 731 CS 745 (updated 3/13)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge In the Garden since 3/14/2013
Message 12 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey TyLey if you don't mind me asking what cards did you have, what were their credit limits and how long have you had them before you applied for the chase sapphire preferred. Trying to see if I'll be approved or not. 

Message 13 of 29
toful
Established Member

Utilization information would be great also!

I got a Chase Freedom in August and really want this card because I'll be traveling. Do you think it's too soon?

I also got a BCE in October... but I only have four cards.

What do you guys think?

Capital One Platinum $750 (3/11) | Macy's $2K (1/12)
Chase Freedom $4.5K (8/12) | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5K (11/12) | Amex BCE $12K (10/12)

TU: 751 (10/1/12 - Amex), 747 (5/23/12 - Transunion.com) | EQ: 718 (10/1/12 - myFICO)
Gardening since: 11/12/12

Message 14 of 29
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 15 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@toful wrote:

Utilization information would be great also!

I got a Chase Freedom in August and really want this card because I'll be traveling. Do you think it's too soon?

I also got a BCE in October... but I only have four cards.

What do you guys think?

I'd say it is very likely that you would be approved. Maybe one thing would be to age your bce at least 6 months

Message 16 of 29
mr_postman
Regular Contributor

no it was not instant but check the status line 20 mins later and said congratulation got 7K with a 650 score suprise me also got the freedom one month beofre i app for the CSP chase gave me 5K for the freedom

Message 17 of 29
TyLey

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey TyLey if you don't mind me asking what cards did you have, what were their credit limits and how long have you had them before you applied for the chase sapphire preferred. Trying to see if I'll be approved or not. 

I have a Discover More 1000CL, BOA Platinum Plus 1000CL, Best Buy $400. Credit Score 721 from Credit Sesame 15% utilization. Hope it helps.

Starting Score: 591 (2/09)
Current Score: EX 730 EQ 704 TU 701 CK 731 CS 745 (updated 3/13)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge In the Garden since 3/14/2013
Message 18 of 29
kekrre
Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

and not freedom? freedom points can be transfered to CSP for 25% travel bonus which would put discover more on the backburner imo

If Chase is having a hard time approving him for the CSP (i.e. if Chase only gives him $5k), I highly doubt they'll extend him additional credit beyond that limit.

On the other hand, if he gets approved for >$5k (and the delay is caused by something other than limits), he can always shift limits around to open a Freedom.

|||||||
Message 19 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

allright good job now get some more credit cards quick

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.